Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Paramedic Emerg Svcs FSED In Plaistow, NH?Benefits
Parkland Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Paramedic Emerg Svcs FSED like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
Position Summary: The paramedic is a member of the healthcare team assisting in the care of emergency department patients under the guidance and direction of the Emergency Department Medical Director and the general supervision of the Emergency Department Director and in accordance with the standards of care and practice delineated by the State of New Hampshire Medical Control Boards' Paramedic Patient Care Protocols. The paramedic provides age-appropriate individualized care under the guidance of the RN and follows physician orders for protocols, medications and diagnostic tests.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Reception, rapid initial assessment and vital signs on arriving patients
- Answers EMS radio calls and relays information to provider and Charge RN
- Inserts airway adjuncts and administers oxygen therapy,
- End tidal CO2 monitoring
- Oropharynx and endotracheal suctioning
- Cardiac monitoring including 12 lead EKG and vital signs
- Assists with defibrillation, cardioversion and transcutaneous pacing
- Performs intravenous access including intraosseous lines and venipuncture
- Assists physician/provider with central line insertions, lumbar punctures, chest tube insertion, needle thoracotomy, endotracheal intubation, thoracentesis, arterial line insertion and suturing
- Medication administration, on the approved medication list, as described by policy
- Finger stick glucose testing
- Collects specimens for POC moderately complex testing according to established policies and procedures
- Performs POC moderately complex testing according to established policies and procedures
- Performs and documents instrument maintenance; performs quality control according to established procedures; troubleshoots instruments effectively, when appropriate
- Splints extremity injuries using pre-formed devices
- Transports patients to receiving units
- Stocks supplies and equipment
- Checks outdates of supplies on carts and in drawers
- Maintains equipment including daily/monthly checks as established
- Cleans and prepares patient rooms
- Accurate and timely communication regarding patient care issues or patient status changes
- Accurate and timely documentation of care
- Communicates effectively with physicians, other providers, patients and families
- Promotes internal and external customer satisfaction
- Builds and promotes a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement
- Works as scheduled and is compliant with Attendance and Tardiness Policy
Functions the paramedic may not perform under any circumstances within the facility include:
- Prepare or administer any medications not on the approved medication list
- Administer or check blood products, insulin or chemotherapy products
- Take telephone orders
- Call nursing report to receiving units or to other facilities
- Perform detailed or focused assessments in EDM
- Discharge patients (may assist with discharge preparation such as crutches, splinting, dressing, ETC)
Qualifications and Experience:
Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Paramedicine with recent critical care experience and National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians – Paramedic; American Heart Association BLS; CPI within 3 months of hire; American Heart Association ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
Preferred: Associates Degree; minimum of 3 years of clinical paramedic experience and NH EMS Provider License EMT – Paramedic
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- PALS Pediatric Adv Life Supt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Emergency Medical Paramedic (EMP)
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parkland Medical Center has provided quality healthcare services since 1983. We give patient's access to trained physicians, advanced technology and innovative approaches through our partnerships with the Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart & Vascular Institute. Our 80+ bed hospital is one of the region's leading acute care facilities in Southern New Hampshire. We are accredited as a Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI from the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as one of the Top Performers on Key Quality Measures by the Joint Commission. Parkland has also earned The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® certification for Spine Surgery, Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement.
At Parkland Medical Center, our care like family culture extends to our patients, our people and our community. We are committed to each other because when we join together, our patients are cared for in the safest and most compassionate way.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Paramedic Emerg Svcs FSED opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website