DescriptionThis position is incentive eligible.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Patient Access Manager? At Parkland Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Parkland Medical Center serves Southern New Hampshire with comprehensive, personalized medical care around the clock. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart & Vascular Institute (NEHVI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. With convenient locations in Derry, Londonderry and Salem, we're proud to provide all the care you need close to home.
Parkland Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Patient Access Manager like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Access Director is responsible for the daily operations of all functions of patient access and serves as the liaison between the Shared Services Center (SSC) and the facility
What you will do in this role:
- Integrate the department's services with the hospital's primary functions, develop/implement policies and procedures that guide or support service and assesses and improve department performance.
- Serve as a key promoter of the SSC, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
- Oversee facility operations of Patient Access functions (e.g. pre-registration, benefit verification, pre-authorization, admission/registration, service pre-payment, etc.) to ensure daily operations are maintained according to standard
- Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations and promote excellent customer service.
- Review Patient Access performance to ensure timeliness, accuracy, compliance and standards fulfillment as defined in SSC Service Level Agreements
- Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and company compliance policies, ensuring timely staff education and inform staff of any changes or developments.
- Actively seeks ways to control costs and improve processes without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered.
What qualifications you will need:
- A minimum of 5 years of healthcare management experience with three of those years in a patient access leadership role.
- A Bachelor's degree. However, degree requirement can be waived IF you are currently enrolled in a Bachelor degree program AND receive SSC Executive leadership approval.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Parallon provides full-service revenue cycle management, or total patient account resolution, for HCA Healthcare. Our services include scheduling, registration, insurance verification, hospital billing, revenue integrity, collections, payment compliance, credentialing, health information management, customer service, payroll and physician billing. We also provide full-service revenue cycle management as well as targeted solutions, such as Medicaid Eligibility, for external clients across the country. Parallon has over 17,000 colleagues, and serves close to 1,000 hospitals and 3,000 physician practices, all making an impact on patients, providers and their communities.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
""Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Patient Access Manager opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website