DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Surgical Specialty Unit department. Submit your application today! Parkland Medical Center, a 86-bed acute care facility, is located in the heart of Derry, New Hampshire. We are a Trauma III facility that offers a wide range of services such as heart and vascular care, robotics surgery, interventional spine and pain care, and behavioral health. Through our partnerships with The Lahey Hospital & Medical Center and the New England Heart Institute (NEHI), we bring specialized medicine by highly skilled physicians, innovative approaches to treatment and advanced technology to our communities. I Choose Parkland Medical Center
Registered Nurse, Surgical Specialty Unit The nurse in the Surgical Specialty Unit will ensure that all hospitalized patients and their families receive nursing care that promotes optimal patient outcome. The patient population on this unit is primarily patients undergoing elective surgical procedures such as orthopedics specifically total joints, spinal surgery, GYN and breast health surgery as well as general surgery and pediatrics.
- Treat post-op patients in a comfortable environment
- Opportunities for professional growth and development
- Nurse to patient ratio based on acuity
- Patient centered care with a focus on patient and employee rounding from all levels of staff
- Incorporates appropriate assessment and intervention skills in all interactions and delivery of nursing care
- Organizes multitask workload; prioritizes tasks/work; seeks assistance; collects/integrates data from multiple sources; organizes/delivers care for multiple patient assignment
- Provides information to patient; assesses for barriers to learning; uses colleagues as a resource as appropriate; provides counseling about health behaviors, supports the preceptor model
- Acknowledges the impact illness/hospitalization has on patients and families; recognizes the importance of teamwork among care providers; adapts care management for diverse populations and environments; advocates for needs of clients
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Registered Nurse to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- One year of nursing experience
- Preferred experience in medical/surgical or similar
- New Hampshire RN license or Compact License when applicable
- BSN preferred
- Tuition Reimbursement Program ($5,250/calendar year)
- Student Loan Assistance Program
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment program.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website