Ready to put your estimating expertise to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of estimation tasks on large scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring an Estimator for our rapidly expanding transportation project.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your strong estimating experience and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our Estimators at this level to be fully qualified professionals with solid experience, and independently complete complicated assignments. In this role you will complete a wide variety of difficult estimating activities (individual or as part of a team), including developing estimates in company database estimating software, utilizing estimating tools and equipment, writing estimate narratives, reviewing and updating estimate procedures, supporting estimate database updates with project historical data, leading estimate task teams, and evaluating and rating estimator performance on an assigned project/program.
Accura Rosser 8a JV, LLC (ARJV) and Parsons Corporation is currently seeking to fill an open cost estimator position in support of NASA at the Marshall Space Flight Center, located near Huntsville, Alabama.
- An individual in this role will - Gather information from drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation.
- Use gathered data to prepare costs for time, material, and labor estimates for construction projects, products, and/or services
- Demonstrate ability and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or drawing/diagram form
- Have experience and proficiency in use of construction cost estimating software applications (examples: ICE by MC2, NASA standard format 1510/3017/405, and/or similar construction estimating software)
- Meet with the NASA customer and others to discuss cost estimates and to resolve cost related issues.
- Visit job sites to gather information on materials needed, labor required, and other factors
- Review/check architect-engineer (A/E) cost estimates in various phases of planning and design activities
- Generate and submit construction cost estimate reports to the NASA customer
- Delivers quality controlled estimates for projects and programs as assigned. Defines and delineates project or program scope utilizing a top down work breakdown structure (WBS), prepares material takeoffs in accordance with the WBS as defined by concept documents, and design drawings, plans and specifications.
- Develops detailed resource costs for work activities based on the planned schedule of execution, applies project burdens and indirect costs, applies dictated fees and taxes, defines costs associated with contract general conditions, and applies expected margins to produce a reasonable probable project and/or contract cost.
- Develops basis of the estimate (BOE) narrative that clearly defines estimate methodology, scope, pricing characteristics, escalation, assumptions, and exclusions such that the customer has complete understanding of the content and the components of the delivered estimate of probable cost.
- Reviews estimates delivered by other service providers to determine compliance with project and/or program procedures, estimate completeness, accuracy, and technical development and compliance with best practices.
- Prepares and summarizes task and sub-task estimates, including resource rates and/or unit cost to perform parametric order of magnitude cost estimates when detailed estimate development is not necessary pr time does not permit that level of detail.
- Defines scope and quantification for vendors and subcontractors necessary to obtain correct and competitive pricing for materials, equipment, and services required to complete an estimate of reasonable probable cost.
- Documents telephone, email, web and written bids and quotations complete with contractual terms and conditions, shipping cost and terms, transfer of title and terms of contract payment and completion.
- Accumulates, evaluates, and documents historical cost data inclusive of construction location, site conditions and restrictions, contract terms and contract execution plan, procedures and methods in order to maintain current estimating database information and cost data
- Develops client presentations in the appropriate media, and conducts clear and specific client presentations as required by project and/or program management.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Building Science or Construction Management or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of related work experience involving typical estimating activities and/or Co-op work or Internship experience.
- Previous experience using estimating database supported software desired.
- Ability to perform a variety of multiple discipline estimating activities to include civil, structural, mechanical, plumbing, electrical and controls as typically encountered in the engineering and construction industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills familiarity with company and project procedures and practices.
- Familiarity with typical project controls software such as Primavera scheduling software, Estimate/Schedule Transfer tools, Contract Manager, and DMCS (Document and Materials Control System) is required.
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website