Ready to lead a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering expertise to the next level to work on tough projects that will make a huge impact on the community?
Engineering office position to provide support for geotechnical engineering. Duties include review of geotechnical reports, field data, laboratory reports, foundation design, roads subgrades, etc. Work is primarily in office, but fieldwork may be necessary depending on site conditions and A/E support. This is a senior level position that includes contractor oversight and review of drawings, calculations and specifications.
Reports to the Manager of Engineering. Interacts with and support efforts of other disciplines in the Engineering Department as well as interact with other RC Department as needed.
Major Activities Performed
Familiarize with all Saudi Building codes and Royal Commission standards, General Design Criteria and Technical Guidelines, standard drawings and standard guide specifications.
Prepare technical approach and an implementation plan for the development of Engineering Standards, Procedures, Manuals, and Specifications.
Familiarity with building foundations and subgrades as well as infrastructure subgrades, utility trenching and trench box construction, OSHA safety standards for workers in excavation pits and work in hazardous areas in large utility trenches.
Ability to review Architect/Engineer plans, specifications, and calculations to provide comments and resolutions to deficiencies in the design documentation.
Recommend geotechnical software to be used in the department to evaluate and check engineer calculations and plans provided by the AE design firm.
Assist Department Director and Manager for the preparation of Management reporting.
Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders and government authorities plus developers, consultants and contractors working within the Royal Commission.
Experience and Qualifications
1. Bachelor's degree from a western recognized university with major course work in civil engineering, geotechnical engineering, and foundation analysis and design.
2. Minimum 15 years of experience in geotechnical, engineering, consulting and or design services.
3. Registration as a professional/chartered engineer is required.
4. Familiarity with GPS, Monitoring, field sampling, data logging, road subgrade design, building subgrade evaluation, deep piles footings, etc.
5. Familiarity with soil conditions and construction in Saudi Arabia a plus.
6. Ability to demonstrate precise, comprehensive and technically accurate written communication skills. Strong skills in technical writing.
7. Competent in design calculations and ability to review and evaluate subsurface and geotechnical conditions associated with slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity in the design of roads, bridges, retaining walls, utilities, and building structures.
8. Candidate should have strong design skill as this position will be reviewing plans sets provided by other professional engineers.
9. Previous experience working in the Middle East is preferred, but not required.
10. Strong skills in MS Excel, MS Word and knowledge of the following or similar types of software SVSLOPE, PLAXIS, ALLPILE, QULT, Civil 3D, or other programs.
11. Ability to communicate effectively in both speaking and writing English. Knowledge of Arabic language is a plus.
12. Strong knowledge of computers Engineering and Business software applications._
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website