Ready to lead a team that tackles infrastructure challenges? Want to take your Engineering expertise to the next level to work on complex electrical engineering problems that will make a huge impact on the community? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Senior Supervising Electrical Engineer who can apply advanced engineering techniques and supervise a team of Engineers and Designers.
Responsible for efficient management and control of civil section to meet the development program requirements and review of technical output of the section. Ensures the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes. Monitors section's progress towards program objectives and takes necessary corrective actions when necessary. Also, responsible to ensure that the civil design of the projects is cost effective and during bidding and construction the change orders related to civil engineering would be minimum.
Member of the Engineering Department professional staff supporting all MYAS projects. Reports to the Manager, Technical Support Section. Interfaces with project management staff, other departments and contractors, and directs and supervises other professionals including Saudi National trainees.
Major Activities Performed
1. Prepares technical specifications and clear scope of work descriptions.
2. Provides technical advice and guidance on all discipline aspects.
3. Prepares Request for Proposal (RFP) documents with design concepts.
4. Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences.
5. Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, unit price items and calculation submittals and coordinates with the works of other disciplines. The review responsibility is to ensure that the changes during bidding and construction are minimum and there is no design conflict with other systems.
6. Reviews vendor/shop drawings and construction materials and/or equipment submittals.
7. Performs field inspections and provides professional field support as necessary during construction phases.
8. Prepares conceptual designs, interface layouts and conflict solutions.
9. Prepares man-hour estimate and material take-offs.
10. Prepares and reviews technical correspondence, reports and studies.
11. Development of procedures relevant to the Section's role within Engineering Department.
12. Perform other responsibilities associated with the position as may be appropriate.
Experience and Qualifications
1. An undergrad degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized western university or college.
2. 15 years post-graduate professional experience with experience as a discipline supervisor/team leader and 5 years in a management assignment.
3. Registration as a Professional/Chartered Engineer is required.
4. The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
5. Specific technical qualifications for the requisitioned position are identified below:
• The candidate must have sound design and construction support experience in site development, site grading, roads and utilities (water, sanitary, sewage etc.) for large residential, industrial and commercial areas.
• A proven record of technical and administrative ability in design management.
• Very familiar with the value engineering applications and current applicable codes._
Ready for action? We're looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don't hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Technical Services and Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Apply on company website