This position exists to make necessary corrections to previously filed tax returns of Paycom clients. This position completes research, amendments, and payments related to a prior period adjustment (PPA) under close supervision and guidance. The objective of the role is to efficiently and accurately complete tax amendments, original tax returns, and research and resolve agency tax issues related to PPA.
- File amended and original tax returns based on agency specific requirements with full review from leaders prior to submission.
- Research, track and resolve agency issued tax issues
- Track tax changes and submit development requests related to prior period adjustments
- Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with appropriate Paycom staff and management to keep individuals informed of necessary activities and significant client issues
- Demonstrate initiative by continuously looking for and recommending ways to improve Paycom operations and/or customer service.
- Test development items for quality assurance and reporting results.
- Assist with special projects including quarter-end and year-end processing.
- Provide alternative resolutions for clients in partnership with internal and external departments.
- Attend required trainings
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 1 year of accounting, tax, or payroll related experience
- Basic understanding of all payroll related tax types.
- Knowledge of basic mathematics, accounting, tax and finance principles.
- Business acumen acquired from working in a business-to-business setting.
- Associate degree in business related field strongly preferred
- Possess basic working knowledge of tax laws
- Ability to work overtime when required to meet deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously while staying well organized
- Ability to quickly learn and retain new information
- Communication skills to clarify, expand or modify work requests with internal and external partners and customers in oral and written formats
- Basic research skills to effectively solve problems
- Basic knowledge of and ability to use Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word and other computer applications and electronic devices (printers, copiers, fax machines, phones, etc.)
- Detail oriented
- Cooperative and able to effectively work on a team
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website