Support builds and deployments to moderately complex testing and production environments. Administer source code repositories (provisioning, branching, and merging), build and release tools, and automated test tools. Maintain build plans and integration tasks that utilize CICD best practices. Coordinate with QA, Development, and IT in configuring, implementing, testing and debugging the enterprise applications and systems. Assist in resolution of issues that affect software release scope, risk, and quality. Confer with testers, database administrators, and developers to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Expected to write documentation to describe operational procedures and change controls.
- Administer and maintain the build and release processes using source code management tools, build and integration tools, and automated testing tools.
- Build plans to validate software deployments for multiple environments.
- Automate our tools for continuous builds, continuous testing and release management.
- Assist with development and utilization of automated testing.
- Configure new applications and software updates as required, including but not limited to web applications, web services, windows services and scheduled tasks.
- Enhance build plans to validate software deployments for multiple environments.
- Understand and execute release activities for any environment between Operations, QA, IT and Development.
- Provide level II support for software releases and enterprise systems via phone and/or in person.
- Maintain accuracy of logs maintained for all implementation/deployment requests.
- Assist with debugging enterprise application issues to resolve problems in our test and production environments by reviewing errors and program code.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related technical field.
- 2 to 6 years' experience in software development or IT systems administration.
- 2 to 6 years' experience with Microsoft Server Operating Systems such as Server 2008 and above.
- 2 to 6 years' experience with Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise).
- Previous experience with Agile methodologies and Continuous Delivery SDLC.
- Previous experience configuring, implementing and troubleshooting enterprise applications in a networked environment.
- Previous experience with relational databases such as MYSQL server, SQL server, ORACLE server and client server concepts.
- Previous experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP protocol and troubleshooting tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess the ability to learn and understand business processes and relationship of systems and applications used to accomplish those processes.
- Proficient with analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to write clear instructions for end users and less experienced engineers.
- May frequently be required to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
- Frequently sits and remains on the phone for extended periods.
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website