Assist with corporate deployment, maintenance, and design of Ethernet, POTS, Fiber and other low voltage wiring systems. Maintain and service wiring systems as needed.
- Installs and terminates data communication cabling including fiber optics and unshielded twisted pair.
- Installs and terminates telephone cabling including multi-connect telephone twisted pair and other voice grade cabling systems.
- Helps design wiring infrastructure and gives opinions on best practices.
- Tests and troubleshoots problems with structure cabling systems.
- Attends plan review meetings to review structured cabling requirements for construction projects.
- Assists in the development of specifications for structured cabling systems.
- Work with VOIP and networking teams for design of systems.
- Maintains record of time and material used on a job.
- Prepares reports related to job duties, time, materials, et cetera.
- Assists with computer moves and other large computer support related projects.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and resources on the network in conjunction with the public service staff.
- Performs training.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinate with the Trainer to set up and take down Cyberschool equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
- Coordinates with upper management to setup new offices as needed.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- Some Travel Required
- High School graduate required.
- 2-5 years of network/telecom installation, or comparable experience or ability.
- Telecommunications Systems and Protocols – Ethernet, Fiber Optics, POTS, Coaxial, et cetera
- Cabling Standards (Category 5e, 6, 6a)
- Multimode and Singlemode Fiber Knowledge
- Network Design and Implementation
- Emerging technology trends
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
Paycom is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Paycom makes employment decisions on the basis of business needs, job requirements, individual qualifications and merit. Paycom wants to have the best available people in every job. Therefore, Paycom does not permit its employees to harass, discriminate or retaliate against other employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, military and veteran status, age, physical or mental disability, genetic characteristic, reproductive health decisions, family or parental status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation benefits, and separation of employment. The Human Resources Department has overall responsibility for this policy and maintains reporting and monitoring procedures. Any questions or concerns should be referred to the Human Resources Department.
Apply on company website