Do you want to write code and build a product that is used by millions across the country? Then you should be a part of one of the fast growing technology companies in the country. Our systems utilize a variety of platforms including web and windows based technologies. Join us at Paycom and use your coding experience to solve unique and challenging problems and find out what it's like to take your career to the next level!
Provide high-paced software development for both internal and external projects where strong verbal and written communications skills are necessary. External projects will integrate our products and services with outside entities (vendors, clients, and other third parties). Most projects will need utilize strong organizational skills along with payroll, accounting, or benefit industry knowledge.
Software developers will work in a team environment to support and extend Paycom's list of product offerings. In doing so, they may be exposed to multiple areas of software development and computing such as:
- Web Software Development
- Windows Software Development
- Database design and SQL
- Component technologies (ex. COM, EJB, etc.)
- Integration and exchange protocols (ex. XML, Soap, etc.)
- Writing and developing code and test applications
- Researching and identify needed solutions, determine implementation designs, providing guidance
- Manage small to medium sized complex projects by reviewing requirements and turning them into technical solutions
- Recommend modifications to processes and procedures, best practice contributions, and architecture
- Software development of variety projects ranging from industry-wide services to client-specific reports resulting in EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) and other interfacing technologies.
- Collaborate with team of developers, production support, and customer support on software projects, creating resolutions on issues and developing solutions.
- Perform the quality assurance and integration testing for projects after development is completed and before projects are deployed
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by gathering information, conducting root cause analysis to reduce issues.
- Manage and track communications with project managers, quality assurance, and product managers.
- Adhere to the organizational processes and the tracking of project metrics, including financials and projects statuses.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must have prior experience using at least 3 other software development tools and architectures. Must show multi-programming language capabilities in job history. OR
- Some experience in payroll, financial, benefits, or banking software.
- Business familiarity with 401(k) plans, income deferrals, and payroll taxes.
- Experience in Supply Chain and Business Application systems (ERP) and terminology.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated SQL programming and/or database experience. Ability to integrate multiple databases.
- Very strong communication and organizational skills with strong attention to both detail and process.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle, and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Ability to meet stated customer initiated deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate thorough business accounting understanding, specifically general ledger transactions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must be physically fit with the ability to stand on ladders for extended period of times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paycom provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Paycom expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.
Apply on company website