Maintains the computing environment by identifying system requirements, installing upgrades; monitoring system performance, managing hardware and software maintenance and licensing, virtualization and storage management, documents technical configuration, and performs related tasks.
- Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN and WAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
- Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and resources on the network in conjunction with the public service staff.
- Performs training.
- Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
- Coordinate with the Trainer to set up and take down Cyberschool equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
- Coordinates with upper management to setup new offices as needed.
- Regular attendance as required
- Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
- High School graduate required.
- Bachelor Degree Required
- Microsoft/VMWare Certification a plus
- 3+ years of Systems Administration.
- System Administration
- LAN Knowledge
- Proxy Server
- Microsoft Operating Systems
- Storage Administration
- Cert Management
- Redundant Systems
- Emerging technology trends
Skills and Abilities:
- Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
- Provide technical assistance for computer problems
- Read and understand technical manuals
- Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
- Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
- Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
Apply on company website