Tax Credit Specialists support both our clients and sales teams by providing full service of the WOTC Program, from implementation to calculating credits on behalf of our clients. On a daily basis, they are ensuring proper documentation is processed and sent to the proper State Workforce Agencies. Within each of these tasks, they are responsible for ensuring accuracy in data entered, quality customer service, and a timely turnaround time, as well as troubleshooting any issues that arise within their processes. A successful specialist has excellent time management skills, a strong focus on organization and communication, and a positive attitude. A specialist will be known for their customer service by providing our clients with on time 100% accurate set up, and providing each client with top of the line trainings and service.
- WOTC Submissions. Create 9061's and process on average 50 Tax Credit applications weekly. Processing applications includes mailing submissions to State Workforce Agencies as well as filing with the various states that use an e-file electronic submission process. Stay organized with mail to ensure to stay in compliance with all IRS submission guidelines.
- Update employee statuses in the Tax Credit Module. Update employee statuses daily on the Tax Credit Dashboard to provide clients with real-time data.
- Customer Service. Assume responsibility for answering incoming calls and /or emails from all Paycom personnel and clients on a timely basis while maintaining effective communication and coordination.
- Implementation. Duties may include completing full set up process for the client by creating clients personalized forms and enabling the tax credit module. Some specialist help clients implement the tax credit process by conducting training sessions with clients to instruct them on the proper way to fully utilize the Paycom Tax Credit Module.
- Additional responsibilities may include: Processing incoming determinations from the State Workforce Agencies, monitoring the Tax Credit Department email notifications and inbox, obtaining missing information on agreements and POA's, as well as managing and calculating billing reports and statements.
- Actively engages in self-learning and self-improvement. Becomes a perpetual learner. Dives into all required and non-required technical knowledge by fully understanding WOTC requirements, Paycom offerings, and the technical details of how to use the system. Actively seeks guidance on how to improve and apply new knowledge regularly. Fully open to suggestions for improvement. (Self-motivation, curiosity, communication.)
- Demonstrates general helpfulness to colleagues. Each specialist demonstrates the willingness to help their colleagues by sharing knowledge, being punctual, and assisting colleagues with all levels of tasks while showing overall care for team members. Understanding and living the Paycom values is an important driver for success in this role. (Interpersonal relationships, collaboration.)
- Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Experience Required:
- Experience with State and/or Federal taxes, primarily WOTC, preferred
- Demonstrates proficiency with computers, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining organization and timely completion of projects.
- Must be detail oriented and have a record of low error levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, specifically Microsoft office suite
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work various department functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are a must.
- Pay close attention to detail.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee must be physically fit with the ability to stand on ladders for extended period of times. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office).
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Paycom provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, genetic characteristics, or any other considerations made unlawful by applicable state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Paycom expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, military and veteran status, age, physical and mental disability, or genetic characteristics.
Apply on company website