Estimator - 190000TC
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we're always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Estimator for our Ottawa District office located in Ottawa, ON . Reporting directly to the Chief Estimator, the position is responsible for assisting the lead estimator and calculating and preparing bids and proposals for various contract types and projects. Establishing and maintaining an excellent relationship with sub trades, suppliers and clients is essential.
- Conducts detailed analysis of contract documents and specifications to determine overall project requirements (bonding, insurance, etc.)
- Completes full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment, and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing.
- Completes final cost estimate using PCL in-house software systems, incorporating all labour, equipment, material data, pricing documentation, overhead, and profit margins, and produces a final tender submission for review and approval of chief estimator and district management.
- Establishes a critical path schedule, including milestone dates and completion timelines to meet contract completion dates.
- Solicits competitive pricing from trade contractors and suppliers for pursuit support.
- Assists in preparing final tender documents for submission to client to meet contract deadline requirements.
- Identifies associated risk factors, including monitoring of published addenda that may alter original project scope.
- Acts as a liaison with external consultants and project management to estimate project budget requirements and coordinates tender development process on behalf of clients.
- Other duties as required.
- Postsecondary diploma or degree in related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience working for a large General Contractor in the field of estimating.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills and an ability to influence key stakeholders.
- Successfully led pursuits valued at up to $25+ million in delivery model hard bid / lump sum, construction management / cost reimbursable / target price and/or design-build.
- General construction knowledge; understands specifications, materials, methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take-off procedures, trade contractor procurement, interdepartmental functions, pricing, and bid-closing procedures.
- Ability to identify risk associated with contract/ project documents.
- Understands impact of market conditions, business trends, and competitors.
- Ability to converse with and solicit trades and comfortable with cold-calling.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.), estimating software, scheduling software and AutoCAD.
T he PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.Employee Status : Regular Full-time Job Level : Experienced Professional Company : PCL Constructors Canada Inc. Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa Job Posting : Oct 29, 2019, 8:47:32 PM Closing Date : Ongoing Job : Estimator
Apply on company website