Project Accountant - 190000RT
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and the potential opportunity to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we're always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thought processes to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Project Accountant for our Ottawa District office located in Ottawa, ON .
- Full cycle accounting; including preparation of monthly billings, accounts receivable collection, invoice entry, journal entries, ledger reconciliations, cash flow management and profit recognition
- Administers subcontract documentation including unsigned subcontracts/revisions, current insurance, WSIB, subcontract default insurance and statutory declarations
- Ensures adherence to contractual obligations, legislation and PCL Policy and procedures
- Provides project team with ad hoc reports and analysis as required
- Assists with year-end procedures as assigned
- Other duties as required
- 2-5 years of progressive experience with direct project administration and accounting in construction or a related industry
- Postsecondary degree or diploma in accounting or a related discipline
- Eligible for security clearance (Secret-Top Secret Level)
- Strong understanding of full-cycle accounting and accounting principles
- Knowledge of government legislation regarding accounting and applicable generally accepted accounting practices and standards
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities and professional judgment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and high level of detail orientation
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Knowledge of the construction industry; understands general construction terms and processes
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge/experience with Oracle, Enterprise One software and Textura CPM software is considered an asset
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.Employee Status : Regular Full-time Job Level : Experienced Professional Company : PCL Constructors Canada Inc. Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa Job Posting : Oct 29, 2019, 8:48:03 PM Closing Date : Ongoing Job : Accountant
Apply on company website