Systems Administrator - 190000QK
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we are always looking for new talent-individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Systems Administrator for our Ottawa District office located in Ottawa, Ontario . The District System Administrator is a technical administrator and customer liaison for district operations and projects. With a primary focus on customer service, this role plays an integral part of connecting the business to technology solutions and support groups. They monitor systems daily and ensure all components are maintained and work reliably to meet business needs. Where possible they are expected to provide a proactive approach, with a customer first philosophy.
- First level contact and problem resolution with hardware, software and applications
- District jobsite setup and turndown, remote support, and travel as required
- Administers and monitors district office and construction site server resource and technology solutions to ensure optimal operation and respond to issues
- Assume project delivery role(s)
- Technology asset management and tracking
- Mobility device configuration and support
- Conferencing installation, configuration and support
- Problem escalation through defined support channels
- Create and deliver technical training and knowledge to all individuals within their district
- Assists other team members in technical knowledge
- Communicate to the district the ongoing status of Business Technology initiatives and changes to existing systems and solutions
- Forms internal relationships and fosters growth between the business and technology
- Actively seeks out issues, problems and opportunities for new solution
- Ownership of products and solutions, providing expertise and support to peers
- Solicits feedback from operational project teams to identify innovations, challenges, and issues
- Develops and maintains strong customer focused relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Other duties as required
- 3+ years relevant experience as a systems administrator
- Diploma/degree in computer technology or a related discipline from a recognized postsecondary institution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think logically, analytically, and constructively express ideas and concepts
- Intermediate problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of how networking, server OS, and virtualization work together
- Flexible and reliable worker, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Can work under pressure and escalate as required
- Experience in managing multiple products and solutions simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment and with employees at all levels/disciplines of the organization
- Ability to work independently and with a geographically dispersed team
- Independently conduct effective meetings in support of various projects and deliverables
- Ability to learn independently and stay current with new technologies
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships
- Ability to travel to local job sites as required
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.Employee Status : Regular Full-time Job Level : Experienced Professional Company : PCL Constructors Canada Inc. Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Ottawa Job Posting : Oct 1, 2019, 6:58:22 PM Closing Date : Ongoing Job : Systems Administrator
Apply on company website