Serving as a credible Human Resource (HR) advisor and trusted resource to the Board of Directors for Pechanga Development Corporation the HR Generalist will develop and manage strong relationships with all employees, contributing to the attainment of company goals through the delivery of support in all HR disciplines throughout the employment lifecycle.
• Develops consultative partnerships with Pechanga Development Corporation (PDC) management
to collaboratively assess & prioritize opportunities to drive positive business results through the
management of HR support in talent acquisition and retention, performance management, training,
HR policy, benefits, compensation, and team member communications and recognition initiatives.
• Actively engages and collaborates with all stakeholders to design HR policies and procedures that enhance organizational, team and individual performance.
• Designs and implements new talent & workforce management programming that reflect the service
culture, standards, initiatives and policies pertaining to team member performance and sustainable
• Creates effective recruitment, orientation, onboarding and performance development programs that consistently provide a robust pipeline of qualified internal and external candidates to the operating units.
• Manages recruitment workflow process & correspondence to include review of applicants, pre-screening activities, scheduling interviews, arranging travel, completing offer letters & offer negotiation, and providing information to hiring managers in a timely manner.
• Performs & manages activity related to pre-employment requirements, including background
checks and employment verification's.
• Creates team member development and career advancement initiatives and coordinates learning
paths, tracking and reporting methods.
• Maintains proper implementation of HR policies that are fair to the employees, protect sovereign
rights, and promote ongoing growth and success.
• Acts as liaison between PDC team members and coordinates shared-service resources for issues
relating to Benefits, Employee Relations, Compensation and other areas as needed.
• Manages communication and documentation, as required, between all parties (management,
benefits, employee) during employee leaves.
• Ensures that HR programs are managed in compliance with applicable regulations and Tribal
• Serves as a consultant in assisting management with the proper understanding and consistent
implementation of new and existing policies and procedures.
• Works to ensure constant collaboration and communication with team members and management,facilitating prompt and effective resolution of workplace conflict.
• Protects the assets of PDC and maintains confidentiality and integrity when accessing team member information maintained in HR.
• Enhances and/or develops, implements, and maintains human resources practices and procedures through systems and technology that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the business units.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
Bachelor's degree required. Minimum of six (6) years of experience with direct responsibility in a minimum of three (3) HR disciplines including, but not limited to, talent acquisition, compensation, employee relations, and talent development.
Special Skills – Computer literacy required. Must possess an in-depth understanding of the full human resources body of knowledge and competencies. Must have the ability to keep confidential information confidential and handle in a professional manner.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
PHR, SHRM-CP, or other HR Certifications & Licensing preferred
• Proficient in computer technology
• Proficient in English language, both written and verbal
• Office equipment knowledge
• Proficient typist
• Exceptional communication skills
• Ability to work with all level of team members
• Must be flexible
• Proficient at prioritizing for efficiency and effectiveness
• Able to work long hours
• Must be well organized
• Must be able to give corrective and disciplinary action to team members in a respectful manner
Apply on company website