The Spa Supervisor is responsible for overseeing spa operations to ensure delivery of the highest level of service. This includes hiring, training, and supervising spa providers, attendants, and the Spa front desk. Maintains favorable working relationships with all departments and Team Members, to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious work environment.
FOUR DIAMOND SERVICE AGREEMENT
All Team Members will display a Four Diamond commitment to customer service through the delivery and maintenance of the Quality Standards established by Pechanga Resort Casino.
• Greet customers, review treatments and clarify any questions and make recommendations as related to treatments or retail.
• Correct or notify the appropriate department of any deficiencies in the equipment or work space.
• Supervise day to day activities for the pool attendants and ensure a supervisor presence at the pool during the busy season.
• Actively involved with spa marketing/promotion activities, strategies and implementation.
• Responsible for assisting in conduction performance reviews, rewarding and disciplining Team Members, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Implement and monitor success of various projects, thus allowing the Spa Manager to continue to develop further services, marketing, retail, improve experience and overall volume.
• Fully cover the spa front desk if needed.
• Provide training to the desk staff, communicate with the therapists and maintain and enforce controls set in to ensure inventory, SOP's and handbook guidelines are being followed on the floor.
• Other duties as assigned.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Spa Supervisor has supervisory responsibilities including departmental interviewing, hiring, training, corrective action, and Team Member relation issues.
QUALIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/TRAINING: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; one (1) year certificate from college or technical school required, and at least three (3) years' experience within a spa environment or Four Diamond property; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: This position requires the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. This position also requires the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Furthermore, this position also requires the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: This position requires the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. This position also requires the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
REASONING ABILITY: This position requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. This position also requires the ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Must qualify to obtain and maintain a Class “H” gaming license.
• Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office, email, and Internet; ability to oversee and be accountable for department operations.
• Ability to communicate in a clear, precise, positive, and professional manner.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Guest service and solution oriented.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English.
• Previous Health Spa experience is required.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal/external guests and to identify and resolve guest concerns. Ensure high guest satisfaction in the delivery of services.
• Ability to remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a leader and role model for other Team Members.
• Communicate effectively both verbally in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
• Ability to provide clear direction, instruction, and guidance. Attend a variety of meetings and conduct staff meetings to ensure timely and effective communication.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and overtime.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply on company website