We Build Career As Strong As Our Products
Pelican BioThermal LLC is a global leader in the design and manufacture of single use and reusable temperature-controlled packaging solutions for the highly regulated pharmaceutical, biotech, and clinical trials industries. Pelican BioThermal is a great place to work and offers employees the opportunity to flourish and excel in a high-growth, fast-paced, creative, and exciting environment! We currently have an opening for a Supply Chain Manager based at our site in Maple Grove, MN.
The Supply Chain Manager position will have responsibility for influencing strategy for surety of supply and executing against those agreed upon plans. Leading sourcing activities across multiple categories such as equipment, goods, and services and managing vendors, identifying best prices, and successfully negotiating with suppliers.
What You'll Do:
- Develops, leads, and executes Purchasing Strategies, tracking key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness while assessing and mitigating risks.
- Forecasts price and market trends to identify changes of balance in purchasing-supplier effectiveness.
- Creates commodity management strategies and tactical plans.
- Develops, communicates, and reports supply chain metrics and understands demand requirements to decisively resolve supply chain constraints.
- Design and implementation of lean pull solutions (supply solutions).
- Lead lean activities with regards to tactical purchasing management in creating and training on best practice SAP standard work.
- Daily management of KPI's such as orders to place / release, expedites and cancel messages and completed.
- Analyze inventory and production projections to anticipate optimal levels of inventory and meet production goals.
- Coordinate shipments and communicates with internal departments to support business functions and ensure expectations are met.
- Plans purchases strategically to achieve financial targets and maximum profitability and ensuring optimal levels of inventory are held to achieve customer service levels.
- Evaluates vendors and shipping companies based on quality, service, and pricing, establishing relationships and negotiating contracts for maximum profitability.
- Performs root cause analysis for stock outs, missed deliveries, and non-conforming product to proactively drive permanent solutions and process improvement.
- Calculates and manages safety stocks and determines quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Receives and reconciles inventory and invoices and maintains data integrity for purchased parts
- Verifies purchasing practices comply with established laws, policies, and ethical principles and follows, maintains, and enforces ISO standards and all compliance requirements. Partners internally with Quality and Production to ensure clear requirement documentation.
- Manages Buyer/Planners to develop a high performing collaborative team and a customer focused environment.
- Liaises with Project Management in preparing accurate quotes with respect to product costing and lead times.
- Sources and purchases for assigned raw/indirect materials, services and equipment against approved specification.
- Monitors supplier performance and develops corrective actions as required. Actively communicates with vendors on a regular basis to improve vendor performance and address quality issues.
- Organizes, administers, and maintains contracts and orders on assigned raw materials.
- Conducts contract negotiations with suppliers to include price, lead time, payment terms, etc.
- Assists in developing new/alternate materials and sources of supply, including international sources.
- Supports production planning and execution in order to meet the customer´s requirements and companies on time delivery goals. Ensures on-time delivery through effective order management.
- Produces and identifies detailed business cases including cost benefits analysis, business risks reduction and options for proposed cost down/material improvement opportunities.
- Assists with accurate forecasting in conjunction with the production department, support effective planning of forthcoming needs and manage the award of contracts with suppliers.
- Assists in preparing of the yearly budget and forecasts for all raw materials.
- Verifies that purchasing practices comply with established laws, policies and ethical principles.
- Develops and maintains work instructions and procedures that adheres to the corporate Quality Policy and in accordance with ISO policies.
- Works with Engineering, Sales, New Product Development, Quality and Operations teams to arrange timely supply of approved materials at cost effective prices while maintaining high quality standards.
- Additional duties include verifying quality issues, regular supplier audits, configures SAP for optimal performance, reporting on warranty returns, and implementing supplier corrective actions.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook, AWAIR and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-7 years' experience in Sourcing/Procurement.
- Advanced experience in manufacturing technology, materials, and assembly processes.
- Advanced knowledge of international procurement procedures and practices.
- Ability to negotiate favorable terms and conditions involving many parts and supplies, as well as can determine appropriate methods of procurement.
- Proficient in computer software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Must have exceptional written, verbal communication, presentation, and training skills.
- Must be detail-orientated, organized, and able to prioritize workload.
- Supervisory or management experience with a demonstrated ability to actively engage staff addressing retention and performance issues in a timely manner, people development/coaching, and evaluation.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with MRP systems, knowledge of SAP highly valued.
- Ability to interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Lean and/or Six Sigma experience.
- Project management experience and ability to lead and manage large-scale projects.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican BioThermal's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, with final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
- Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican BioThermal's brand and reputation.
- Establishes challenging, productive, and achievable goals for direct reports; measure results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
- Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
Why Join Pelican BioThermal? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
- Generous paid time off plans
- 401k plan – with a competitive match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website