We Build Careers As Strong As Our Products
Pelican Products is not only the global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced lighting systems and virtually indestructible cases for protecting valuable equipment---it's a great place to work. We're looking for team members who take pride in creating and manufacturing products that are preferred by professionals (including firefighters, law enforcement and military personnel) who work in extreme environments across the globe.
With competitive compensation and benefits, our team enjoys a fast-paced, creative and exciting environment that allows them to flourish and be the best at their jobs. Employees are our greatest resource and as such, their talents are valued and their contributions are recognized. Pelican Products is a unique company that combines the stability and professionalism of a mature firm with the agility and spirit of a small, fast-growth company.
Performs a wide variety of maintenance duties to repair and maintain equipment and facilities using multiple skills generally applicable to welding material, maintenance/building trades.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Installs erects and/or disassembles plant equipment and machines as directed.
- Performs electrical, piping, carpentry, painting, sheet metal work and other maintenance trades tasks to keep production in operation.
- Performs welding and routine machine operations as necessary.
- Conducts preventative maintenance on molding and plant equipment to schedule, inspects, oils, greases, adjusts and refers problems to the supervisor.
- Installs water and air lines. Performs minor building repairs or installations.
- Diagnoses and corrects mechanical problems on a variety of manufacturing machines.
- Assists in training Maintenance C associates.
- Maintains established quality and quantity standards. Follows prescribed safety precautions, established company and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Detects and reports improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to proper supervision. Maintains work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Maintains daily production and other records as required.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the time frame specified by the Manager.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with work schedules and be available to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels as well as outside contractors.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Why Join Pelican? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
Generous paid time off plans
401k plan – with a competitive match
Tuition Assistance Program
Established reputable brand offering premium products – you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
Beautiful New England location
Employee discount program on Pelican Products
Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
Wellness Discount Program
Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website