Under general supervision the Machine Operator tends to large and small plastic injection machines. Performs component part inspections, trimming and packing according to work instructions. The Machine Operator will run production orders safely while maintaining quality standards.
What You'll Do:
- Operates injection mold machines and machinery controls to produce plastic products.
- Performs required steps of secondary operations with the use of hand tools and fixtures to process parts
- Assembles parts and drills holes according to verbal and SOP's instructions.
- Performs visual and in-process inspections of parts during the manufacturing process to ensure quality requirements are met; able to determine acceptable and unacceptable parts.
- Packs completed product into boxes with customized labels to ensure identification and traceability to customer requirements
- Follow all production SOP's, work instructions and documents required information.
- Performs re-inspection, re-work, sorting and cleaning of plastic parts, as requested.
- Operates machinery controls such as drilling fixtures and pin installation fixtures.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Returns all equipment to storage designated area upon work completion.
- May assist in the training of new Operators.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment operating plastic injection molding machines preferred.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Ability to understand large and small press operations, part numbers, names and colors.
- Basic computer skills; including MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) preferred
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican's objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Supervisor or Molding Lead.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be constantly required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, use hands/fingers).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch).
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities.
Why Join Pelican? Here's a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
- Generous paid time off plans
- 401k plan – with a competitive match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you'll be proud to represent Pelican!
- Prime location – minutes away from the beach!
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
With over 40 years of creating the toughest, virtually indestructible, and most dependable products on the market, Pelican Products remains the global leader of high-performance protective case solutions, advanced portable lighting systems, and consumer products we use in our everyday lives to include coolers, phone and tablet cases, backpacks, and drinkware. Our products are depended upon by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, life sciences, defense/military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer. Pelican's products are designed and built to last a lifetime.
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Apply on company website