Job Summary: Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides assistance to the Operating Room staff/GI Unit staff by scrubbing for surgical/GI procedures in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the Operating Room, CPU and GI Unit. Responsible for contributing information to the plan of care for a broad spectrum of patients as it relates to their age (developmental) and service needs. Adheres to the Standards of Nursing Practice of the Patient Care Division and AORN Standards and SGNA standards. Demonstrates knowledge and competency and is responsible and accountable as a technical resource for the department. May be expected to work weekends, any shift, holidays, etc. as the demands of the job and department require.
• Accurately identifies instruments, equipment, suture and supplies necessary in preparation for the individualized surgical procedures.
• Participates with surgical/GI team in the individualized patient care plan based on assessed needs, standards of care, and physicians' preference cards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of surgical/endoscopy equipment.
• Performs as a contributing member of the surgical/GI team.
• Makes timely appropriate decisions and acts through empowerment to handle situations to resolution and/or refer to appropriate person(s) when necessary.
• Sets up instruments, supplies and equipment according to identified care plan, policies and procedures, and AORN/SGNA standards.
• Anticipates the needs of the surgeon/gastroenterologist
• Prioritizes assigned tasks to maximize surgeon efficiency and minimize anesthesia exposure.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- CPR required.
- Previous healthcare experience desired.
- Positive attitude, desire to efficiently support the care of patients, work in a team relationship with other health care workers and physicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Graduate of a certified surgical tech program conducted by a community college, vocation school, or hospital school, or relevant hospital-based training.
- Other experience and education may be considered.
Apply on company website