The Facility Maintenance Technician is responsible for promptly and safely performing repairs and preventative maintenance on a wide variety of building and facility equipment, fixtures and systems. Install, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of facility plumbing, mechanical, electrical, heating and cooling systems. Conducts preventative maintenance inspections and performs required preventative maintenance duties. Assignments are semi-routine in nature. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of Penske Logistics.
- Complete daily equipment rounds and make repairs as required.
- Performs basic repairs on plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems. Contacts vendors as necessary.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings, ensuring a safe work environment for all employees.
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Support operations department by providing suggestions and developing solutions as needed.
- Be a point of contact during off shift hours for facilities issues.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- 2+ years of facilities/general maintenance experience required.
- High School Diploma required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs on basic plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, documents, and drawings.
- A positive, customer service oriented attitude.
- Self-starter who demonstrates professionalism and can work independently.
- Flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Requires walking, standing, squatting, bending and kneeling with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- OSHA and safety training certifications preferred.
- Must have basic hand tools.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website