Position can be remote and based in the Philadelphia, PA Region, Atlanta, GA Region, or Los Angeles, CA Region
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for successfully executing the sales process to generate revenue growth through initiation and development of business opportunities with new and existing customer opportunities across all product lines. Strategic Account Executives will embrace a culture of integrity and professionalism and utilize this value based selling methodology in all of their sales pursuits. This position will be expected to perform to an annual quota set by, and agreed to, with their respective Vice President of Sales / Director of Sales.
- Proactively identify, pursue, and maintain a constant pipeline of potential customers that will meet or exceed established quotas via prospecting, networking and referral activities.
- Responsible to extend or renew existing contracts before or upon contract expiration, as well as identify opportunities for customer growth in new geographic locations or with additional products and services.
- Gain and maintain access to decision-makers via a disciplined and structured prospecting regimen.
- Pursue a balanced portfolio of Penske Logistics products and services as determined by the product business plan; evaluate each growth opportunity against current expertise and plans for future focus.
- Capitalize on Penske Logistics current market sector knowledge and participate in efforts to diversify into strategic verticals.
- With a thorough understanding of the customer's business model, collaborate with the Product Line Manager to identify and propose logistics solutions to customers utilizing Penske Logistics products and services that translate into closed, contracted business deals.
- Take the lead in negotiating and closing deals by uncovering and addressing objections / concerns from the customer; represent customer's position during the
negotiation process to key members of the Penske Logistics negotiation team.
- Other projects as assigned by the manager.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of the customer's business model and their unique challenges to growth or competitiveness.
- Establish relationships with strategic customers with decision making authority and / or influence.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with existing customers by establishing a consistent communication plan with key stakeholders, including regular and timely reviews.
Internal Business Partnerships
- Lead the sales process by involving the Product Line and Operations Teams to successfully develop a strategy to win and satisfy prospect and customer needs.
- Develop strategic partnerships with Penske Truck Leasing and inside the Penske Logistics organization; utilize influence and persuasion skills to ensure that deals receive appropriate internal approvals.
- Participate in, and play a leadership role within, account management teams, working closely with Operations, Product, Engineering / IT, and Finance participants.
- Accurately and timely track growth opportunities through use of Salesforce.
- Take the lead in communicating direction and progress / status of deals to senior leadership.
- Ten or more years of executive level experience selling large third party logistics solutions, with proven results, or, ten or more years of relevant supply chain experience engaging in growth related activities with direct customer interactions.
- Proven track record of success and career progression.
- Demonstrated ability in consultative and strategic selling techniques, including previous experience in articulating / presenting multiple products and services to executives both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge or experience in two or more of the following areas: Distribution Center Management (warehousing), Dedicated Fleet, and/or Transportation Management.
- Ability to connect and build rapport / relationships with internal and external customers at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and the ability to prioritize multiple projects / work streams.
- Skill in the operation of variety of computer software programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. Sales CRM preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field (preferred).
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the hours necessary to accomplish the job duties, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website