Review the "Position Summary" and "Major Responsibilities" sections, and modify the information, if necessary.
Penske Logistics is looking for warehouse associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for individuals who are safety conscious and have a pleasant, outgoing attitude who want to excel in a warehouse environment.
Schedule: Friday - Monday (4 day work week)
Hours: 4am - 2pm or until finish (overtime as needed)
• Receive incoming shipments and compare items to BOL and receiving schedule
• Count items to ensure that the correct number has been received. Compare to BOL
• Determine storage areas for incoming shipments and allocate appropriate space within the warehouse
• Assist in physically moving incoming items to designated storage areas and supervise storage activities
• Operate Stand up Forklifts and electric pallet jacks
• Perform daily PIT equipment inspections
• Ascertain the quality and quantity of picked items and ensure that they are safely delivered to the delivery pallet
• Assist in loading and unloading trucks and determining safe ways of stacking items on the truck and retrieving items in a safe manner
• Inspect incoming loads for cold chain compliance
• Record damaged or defective items as appropriate
• Uses RF scanner to move product systemically through the warehouse WMS
• Ascertain that all incoming and outgoing shipments are properly labeled and that correlating documents are available with each shipment
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• At least one year experience using Stand up Forklift/Reach experience required
• Ability to work in climate controlled conditions required
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
• Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexible, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
• Flexible to work overtime preferred
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg. the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around
Apply on company website