A Penske Logistics Yard Sweeper / Yard Cleaner (Customer Service Asssociate) monitors delivery schedules to assure timely delivery of materials and products to customer locations. Manage time sensitive information and transactions in order to ensure on-time delivery by tracking shipments for pick-up, estimating times of arrival and delivery, and recovering loads when necessary. Candidate must have proven communication with a strong focus on internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
This position is primarily outdoors (in the yard) and will be exposed to the elements. You will have office time to complete reports and review emails.
Thursday – Saturday plus every other Wednesday. 5:45 p.m. to 6:00 a.m
Thursday – Saturday plus every other Wednesday. 5:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m
Sun to Tue every other Wednesday. 5:45 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Sun to Tue every other Wednesday. 5:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m
Job requirements may include the following where applicable:
• This position is primarily outside and exposed to the elements
• Clean and sweep yard. Pick up debris and throw in garbage bin
• Sweeps trailers by entering a trailer from a dock using a broom.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Sorts and places parts in racks or other designated areas
• Pulling of manual dock chain
• Stacks cardboard boxes and pallets
• Move materials within the warehouse
• Complies with all safety requirements
• Quality control
• Complete daily logs
• Communicate with associates from other shifts
• Operate forklifts, pallet jacks and a variety of warehouse mechanical equipment (where applicable)
• Operate forklifts or pallet jacks to transport stored items from warehouse to plant or to pick up items from several locations for shipment (where applicable)
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
• At least 1 year of warehousing or material-handling (using hand/power tools and hand truck) equipment experience required
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Proficient reading skills and ability to follow directions required
• Ability to work independently, customer service, dealing with others, multi-tasking skills, organizational skills, flexibile, excellent with numbers and time management skills required
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required (where applicable by location)
• Flexible to work overtime preferred
• Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally
communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website