A Penske Apprentice Technician will work side by side our existing workforce and learn through hands on experience that will supplement the formal learning obtained as part of the formal curriculum of a local technical/trade school.
This position will perform minor truck and trailer component repair and all aspects of preventative maintenance on our vehicles.
We have industry leading technology, tools and experts in the vehicle maintenance field and industry. You will receive state of the art training each year on a variety of OEM equipment. Many of our technicians have been trained and certified through Penske's Technician Certification Program which is ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certified as a CASE (Continuing Automotive Service Education) provider.
This position will be located at the Penske facility at 1551 S. Park Avenue, Linden, NJ.
The schedule for this position will be 1st shift: 7am - 2:30pm, Tuesday - Saturday.
• Vehicle component lubrication and replacement
• Electrical system repairs
• Cooling system maintenance
• Perform basic diagnostics
• Enrollment in a current technical/trade school for vehicle repair required
• Working knowledge in the use of hand tools required
• Must have a positive attitude and willingness to grow in position
• Basic computer skills preferred for data entry into maintenance systems
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel within district (close geographical area), work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a reference verification (to include past employment and education) are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the
ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website