As Staffing Director – Penske Truck Leasing, you will provide strategic direction and leadership for the talent acquisition strategies for Penske Truck Leasing field operations, both to meet the demands of the business today and to plan for growth in the future. You will lead a team including a manager, supervisors, and recruiters across the US and Canada to execute and hire top talent. This position is responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the recruiting department; enhancing processes to meet current and future needs of the organization.
In this role you will work closely with the Vice President of Staffing, PTL HRD North America, and members of PTL Field Operational leadership team to align business goals and initiatives with necessary recruitment strategies. The position will require a strategic business partner approach, collaborating with recruiting operations, human resources, labor relations, talent development, legal, compensation, and HRIS to deliver results. This role also has responsibility for managing key business line initiatives and projects such as maintenance recruitment, workforce planning, tech school and college strategies, veteran and diversity initiatives, and internal talent mobility.
This position requires strong demonstrated leadership, communication, the ability to influence, and the ability to look to the future.
Strategic Talent Acquisition:
• Collaborate with Operations teams and HR partners to identify talent needs/gaps and develop a plan of action.
• Provide thought leadership and pro-active consultation to stakeholders to support business initiatives.
• Develop innovative strategies to ensure a robust pipeline to continuously prioritize relative to the capability-building required to achieve our business strategy.
• Work collaboratively across HR and Marketing to keep our talent value proposition relative and engaging.
• Ensure competitiveness and relevance with current industry trends, external economics, market insights, and competitors.
• Build networks to establish diverse pipeline to support diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• Ensure all aspects of recruitment and selection process are compliant to federal, state/provincial, and local laws.
• Manage, motivate, and develop a geographically dispersed talent acquisition team of recruiters and specialists in the execution of recruitment strategy.
• Develop and implement processes and policies to meet hiring targets. This includes alignment with new business efforts (startups, onsite maintenance, and acquisitions).
• Work closely with the HR Directors and is the point of escalation for Field HR with respect to staffing issues.
• Provide support of selection process and candidate information to Legal as needed.
• Provide customer groups with meaningful internal and external staffing data to drive business outcomes.
• Use analytics to assess Staffing performance, quality hiring, and other KPIs aligned to business initiatives.
• Utilize a combination of human capital metrics and business operations metrics to tell a story and identify recommend changes for the business that drive continuous improvement.
• Hire, coach, develop, and direct associates within assigned function.
• Primary responsibilities include setting team objectives in alignment with business needs.
• Ensure engagement of assigned teams and promote positive work behaviors.
• Development in staff to include ongoing functional skill training to enhance recruiting activities, and establishing defined development plans for managers, supervisors, and high performers.
Change Management & Communication:
• Drive organizational change according to the functional or operational talent management strategy.
• Effectively collaborate and communicate change plans with Staffing/HR Leadership and Operations through effective presentations and clear concise communication teams and executive meetings, both in-person and electronically.
• Remove barriers to staffing challenges with HR Partners, Operations and Recruiting Teams.
Successful Collaboration, with:
• Operations and Field HR to align with business initiatives, including special project and strategy teams.
• Total Rewards in order to provide near-term and long-term feedback on market competitiveness for compensation and benefits.
• Labor Relations to support organizational labor strategy, training to recruiters, and share observations on markets.
• Talent Development to align selection process with skill identification and training and development programs. Support critical/key role succession activities and structured talent selection processes.
• Staffing Operations/HRIS/HRIT to align staffing systems and process needed to support business needs. Will address enhancements as well as propose and scope new positions.
• Legal/Compliance/Recruiting Operations ongoing to ensure processes align with regulatory requirements. Partnering on policy and process changes.
• Recruiting Operations/Marketing engagement on alignment of company and employment brands to successfully attract and inform candidates.
• Bachelor's degree required, Master's Degree preferred.
• At least 10+ years of progressive work experience required. Preferred experience includes alignment of business talent needs and hiring.
• 5+ years of demonstrated record of success in managing direct reports and teams. Preferred experiences will be in Recruiting, Human Resources, or Business Transformation. Also preferred is remote team management.
• Exceptional communication skills at all levels in the organization; including with direct reports, up through executive leadership presentations, and to large groups. Strong emotional intelligence
• Demonstrates an executive presence commensurate with building relationships at all levels within and outside of the organization. Is authentic, creates an impression of being a confident, committed, compassionate, and trustworthy leader, and effectively navigates organizational resources and social networks.
• Strong leadership skills, including hiring, developing, and leading a team of a manager, several supervisors, and staff to execute a strategy.
• Demonstrated ability to drive results, through influence and effective change management
• Demonstrated success in of driving results and approaching work with optimism; Consistently delivers high quality results, personally and through the team; able and willing to roll up one's sleeves and do what it takes to deliver results
• Strong knowledge of Human Resource functions: associate relations, labor relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, leadership development, compliance
• Strong analytical skills, including presenting data in a way that resonates with audience.
• Is creative in seizing opportunities, takes initiative.
• Exhibits a growth mindset, adapts quickly to feedback and changes in the business environment
• Is resilient and can navigate through complex and challenging situations
• Ability to travel 40%
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske's product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website