Warehouse leadership position focused on damage prevention, compliant clamp truck performance, quality loading/ unloading techniques, data collection, audit of internal warehouse, and including any directive given by Management.
1st Shift: 6:45am – 2:45pm W/ some shift rotation
- Perform and document visual observations of material handling activities on a daily, multi-shift basis and log observations into Gensuite
- Evaluate Loading and Unloading techniques with written documentation and digital photographs. These materials will be used for building-wide communication program on Always and Nevers of product handling
- Train the lift truck trainer and step in as the lift truck trainer as needed
- Observe and monitor clamp conditions of all clamps
- Coordination and oversight of Inbound Damage Audits and ausits requested by RQM's or Management
- Observe arrival conditions of inbound loads, analyze for root cause and post findings on Condition On Arrival (COA) APP site. Review all COA's posted for outbound loads, analyze for root cause and post findings
- Conduct Stack Lean Measurements and understand causes of Stack Failures. Conduct handling testing per request from RQM or Management
- Support Quality Management Team and Regional Quality Manager process improvement activities
- Participate in all quality forums and drive Continuous Improvement Activities
Strong PC skills (Excel, Power Point, Word, Quick Place Management, email), desired
Must be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and without direct supervision
Excellent negotiation, persuasion and relationship skills
Lift truck certification a plus
This position is designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information.
-The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Apply on company website