ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org
Hours: Mon - Fri Day Shift , Rotation On Call Evenings and Weekends
On Call 7 Day Coverage as First Responder Team 5 pm-8am Over Night - Occurs every 6 or 7 weeks.
Respond to after hours emergencies- consult - if needed at AngelsGrace or Home Hospice.
Full Time / Part Time: Pool/As Needed - no Benefits
The Hospice Chaplain provides the development and delivery of Pastoral /Spiritual Care to patient, their families, and personnel of PHC Home Hospice and Angels Grace deployment site as a PHC Chaplain. Facilitates religious/spiritual rituals and practices as desired by patient and family. Maintains sensitivity toward cultural/spiritual/religious diversity. Demonstrates ability to integrate the insights of theology and the behavioral sciences into spiritual care assessments and practice. Maintains documentation of patient's medical record, inclusive of psycho-social, emotional and spiritual/religious goals of care. Maintains hospice standards of care, and procedures. Works collaboratively with the organization's interdisciplinary teams. In addition, works in collaboration with PHC Pastoral Care Supervisor and directly with Hospice Manager regarding ministry assignments.
- Required Certification - 1 Unit Clinical Pastoral Education (Equivalency may be considered)
- Minimum Education: - 30 credit hour's undergraduate from Accredited School for Higher Education. Course work in religious beliefs/ practices, spiritual formation and integration of psychological/sociological disciplines.
- Preferred Education: - Graduate level theological degree from college or theological school accredited by a member of the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Ordination, Commissioning or Endorsement to function in a ministry of Pastoral Care/Chaplaincy by an appropriate religious /or faith authority.
- Minimum Experience - 1-3 years of experience providing spiritual/pastoral care in a health care environment to persons with life-limiting illness /trauma / end of life or experiences of grief and loss. Equivalency may be considered.
- Preferred Experience - 3-5 years working with hospice / hospital / clinically acute and trauma populations.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website