We Are Hiring: Medical Assistant II - Neuroscience Center- 1.0FTE - Days
The Department operates two service locations, one on the Waukesha Memorial Hospital Campus and one at the Outpatient Physician's Center in Oconomowoc. These two locations combine to complete 400 to 500 outpatient visits monthly. Specialty services include medical pain management, pain psychology, stroke follow up clinic, Multiple Sclerosis clinic, and concussion/brain injury clinic.
The department has 2 physiatrists, 2 psychologists, 2 advanced practice nurse prescribers, 5 registered nurses and 4 clerical staff. In addition, neurosurgeons, neurologists and other medical specialists see patients within the clinics.
Schedule Details: Hours will depend on which provider the MA will be following. Clinic hours. Monday - Friday.
Why Join ProHealth Care:
We have nearly 5,000 dedicated clinical and non-clinical employees and physicians who work together every day to serve the health and well-being of our community. At ProHealth Care everyone contributes to the care our patients receive. And, everyone is treated with kindness and respect in our welcoming environment.
This Position Will Offer You:
- Engaging and community focused culture
- Competitive Salaries
- Opportunity for professional career growth
- Robust benefits including: Generous PTO; Choices in insurance; HSA; Tuition reimbursement; immediate 401K match; discounted tickets to various entertainment, social and sporting events
What You Will Do:
The Medical Assistant / Clinic LPN will provide direct care to patients under the supervision and delegation of the Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or Physician (Provider) within the PHMG – Clinic. The MA/LPN will provide care in partnership with the patient and their family, with the goal of supporting an optimal healing community.
Some of the job responsibilities include: preparing exam room; ensure sufficient stock of supplies, materials, and instruments; room patients and obtain vital signs; request and record health history; and ensure accurate and timely documentation into the EMR (Electronic Medical Record) or other patient records.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus one of the following criteria must also be met:
- Current state license required for those who completed an accredited LPN education program.
- American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) certification preferred but not required for those who completed the Medical Assistant education program.
- Successful completion of a 1-year accredited Medical Assistant program qualified by the AAMA
- Documented completion of the United States Military Medical Corpsman program
- Completion of medical assisting training or course work and 1-2 years work experience in a medical assisting role in a large health system
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a physician office as a MA or LPN
- Experience within any specialty areas of practice is desirable
- BLS (CPR)
See what it is like as a MA/Clinic LPN team member ProHealth Medical Group: Click Here
ProHealth Care has been the health care leader in Waukesha County and surrounding areas for the past century, providing outstanding care across a full spectrum of services. The people of ProHealth Care strive to continuously improve the health and well-being of the community by combining skill, compassion and innovation. The ProHealth family includes Waukesha Memorial Hospital, Oconomowoc Memorial Hospital, the Rehabilitation Hospital of Wisconsin, ProHealth Medical Group clinics, AngelsGrace Hospice, ProHealth Home Care & Hospice, West Wood Health & Fitness Center and Regency Senior Communities. Learn more at ProHealthCare.org.
ProHealth Care, one of the largest employers in Waukesha County, offers work that is challenging and rewarding. The organization is dedicated to providing the highest quality service to our patients and their families and treats each individual with respect – the way they should be treated. ProHealth Care supports a Just Culture, one that encourages an open learning environment and maintaining safe systems. We have high expectations for those who join our team of nearly 5,000 employees. In return, we offer exceptional career opportunities in a dynamic, health care system where the contributions of every team member are valued.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website