We Are Hiring: Nurse Practitioner or PA - Pulmonary Critical Care
Begin your story at ProHealth Care. Enjoy our video series featuring our own employees sharing why they choose ProHealth Care and what they enjoy about working here.
Schedule Details: Evening and overnights shifts with weekend and holiday rotation, shift length variable 8-12 hoursWhat You Will Do:
The Advance Practice Provider (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant) in Pulmonary Critical Care works in collaboration with the physician team to manage care for patients in the Intensive Care Unit.
- Evaluates, admits, and consults on patients admitted to the ICU in partnership and collaboration with the physician team.
- Orders, interprets, and documents results of clinical tests and formulates therapeutic plans and recommendations.
- Intervenes in acute clinical situations as appropriate and commensurate with training and experience.
- Acts as care liaison between patient, family, and all providers involved in the care of the patient.
Upon completion of training and verification of competency, will perform the following procedures (not limited to):
- Arterial line placement
- Central line placement
- Bedside ultrasound evaluation
- Airway management
- Masters of Science in Nursing or Masters, Physician Assistant
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) is acceptable but is not necessarily preferred
- WI-Registered Nurse & WI-Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber or WI Physician Assistant
- ACLS/BLS required
Required one of the following certifications:
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AACN)
- Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AACN)
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AANP)
- Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AANP)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (ANCC or AANP)
- Physician Assistant-Certified: (NCCPA)
- All of the following: ACLS or BLS, DEA Registration as a Mid-Level Provider or eligibility (as defined by proof of DEA application)
- Direct critical care experience as APP in previous role
- Advanced provider certifications in critical care including Critical Care Residency or other equivalent
- Critical Care RN experience previously as applicable
- Willing to hire and train new graduates with elective critical care rotations during training
Why Join ProHealth Care:
We have nearly 5,000 dedicated clinical and non-clinical employees and physicians who work together every day to serve the health and well-being of our community. At ProHealth Care everyone contributes to the care our patients receive. And, everyone is treated with kindness and respect in our welcoming environment. The UW Cancer Center at ProHealth Care has maintained Outstanding Achievement Award status from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC) since 2004. The Outstanding Achievement Award recognizes cancer programs that demonstrate excellence by earning commendation for all applicable standards and providing quality care to patients with cancer.
This Position Will Offer You:
- Engaging and community focused culture
- Competitive Salaries
- Opportunity for professional career growth
- Robust benefits including: Generous PTO; Choices in insurance; HSA; Tuition reimbursement; immediate 401K match; discounted tickets to various entertainment, social and sporting events
Learn more at ProHealthCare.org/Careers.
ProHealth Care is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive work environment and values the perspectives of our people. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website