The SBO Billing Specialist is responsible for providing customer service and financial counseling for patient due balances (including Hospital and Physician billing services). This includes accepting inbound calls in order to address patient inquires and making outbound calls to resolve patient balances.
- Provides primary customer service for patient questions on patient responsible portions such as: coinsurance, copays, and deductibles. this will also include explanation of contractual adjustments and discounts. resolves patient complaints or explains why certain services are not covered by insurance.
- Call guarantors regarding past due balances and process patient payment using secured devices. Provide patients with payment options including monthly payment plan (within policy) and bank loan financing. Uses secured banking portal to process these loan amounts.
- Explain insurance related coverage and payment information in order to resolve patient inquires. This will be for both Hospital and physician services.
- Screen guarantors and households for financial assistance. Review and process financial assistance applications on patients seeking assistance with outstanding patient portion balances (deductibles, copays, coinsurance and non-covered balances).
- Follows HIPAA guidelines in handling patient information.
- Distinguish billing complaints from patient care complaints and then resolving billing related issues. Be responsible for forwarding any complaints regarding patient care issues to Guest Relations.
- Responsible for reconciling business banking and credit card accounts.
High school diploma or equivalent requires. Additional training in healthcare billing or customer service is highly preferred.
One year of medical billing experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft office. Experience in billing software and electronic data submission preferred.
Ability to receive and express detailed information through oral communications, visual acuity, and the ability to read and understand written directions. Normal mental concentration with repetitive operations for a long period of time. Ability to stand, walk, sit, and reach. Occasionally lifts and transports items weighing up to ten (10) pounds. .
Standard office conditions with more than average noise. Periodic contact with conditions such as fumes, noise, chemicals, hazards, and/or diseases.
Apply on company website