Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City.PAGNYpeople do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows.PAGNYis committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNYis comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for overseeing all clinical activities in the Emergency Department during assigned shifts.
- To assess, evaluate, diagnose, perform history and physical exam, treat patients of all ages who present in the Emergency Department with any symptom, illness, injury, or condition.
- To provide comprehensive and quality care to the patients
- To work collaboratively with nursing as well as other clinical services in the hospital
- The provider is to complete all assigned administrative tasks/charts as required by the department as well as the hospital
- To provide clinical teaching and oversights for residents, fellows and students
- Must be up to date with clinical skills and knowledge base by regular CME as well as taking part in regular departmental teaching activities
- Will perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Service or his/her designee
- Graduate of approved medical school
- Licensed to practice medicine in and surgery in NY State
- Current registration in NY State
- Meets 911 staffing requirements
- BC or BE in Emergency Medicine
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VPhysician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose...
Apply on company website