Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY)is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City.PAGNYpeople do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows.PAGNYis committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNYis comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services toNYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
TheMental Health Service Corps (MHSC)is a Mayoral program of NYC THRIVE. MHSC is an exciting opportunity to provide a training ground for early career social workers in diverse health care practices across NYC Health + Hospitals earning valuable clinical experience while receiving ongoing training and structured supervision.Responsibilities
The Medical Director will serve as the principal clinical and administrative supervisory staff for the MHSC program. The Medical Director assesses, plans and evaluates Behavioral Health care and provides oversight to the delivery of behavioral health services to our H+H sites via the MHSC Social Workers or other mental health workers. He/she provides education to staff and individuals about public health issues and epidemiological considerations. The Medical Director collaborates with the MHSC Program Director to oversee the MHSC program.
The Medical Director has overall responsibility for the following:
- Serve as clinical leader for Medical and Behavioral Health services provided by the MHSC program;
- Direct Communication with H+H Central Offices Behavioral Health Deputy Chief Medical Officer and Chief Population Health Officer regarding the MHSC program
- Oversight of the development and revision of behavioral health policies, procedures and ongoing training for matters such as routing medical care, specialized services, specialized medications, medical and psychiatric emergency care and behavioral health integration, as they relate to MHSC;
- Collaborate with MHSC Leadership Team to coordinate supervision efforts between clinical supervisors, Psychiatric Consultants, and support staff in the provision of mental health and substance use disorder services;
- Liaise with Training and Collaborative Care Coaching teams regarding physician education efforts (development and execution of trainings), particularly related to behavioral health integration
- Supervision of 4 MHSC Consulting Psychiatrists in the performance of Collaborative Care consulting psychiatry and other services:
- Monitor quality of psychiatric consultative work with MHSC clinicians placed in primary care practices
- Assure good collaboration between psychiatric consultants and primary care practices
- Recruit and orient new MHSC Consulting Psychiatrists as needed
- Supervision of psychiatrists, nurse practitioners, fellows, residents and/or medical students associated with the MHSC program.
- Oversight of the establishment of policies and procedures for public health education and screening for all patients regarding mental health disorders, substance use and medical co-morbidities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new clinical tools in the EHR to support behavioral health screening and treatment
- Assisting in the development of necessary referral and linkage relationships with other institutions and agencies including, but not limited to, general or specialty hospitals and nursing homes, health-related facilities, home health agencies, hospital outpatient departments, diagnostic and treatment facilities, laboratories and related resources;
- Support the development of internal and external communications, patient education materials, research and policy manuscripts, grant applications and provider trainings and reference materials
- Ensure program compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations; where appropriate, make recommendations for where the program may advocate for revised or new policy
- Support quality improvement efforts for MHSC and delivery of clinical care
- Position is 90% administrative and 10% clinical
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Joseph Mastov, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/VQualifications
- MD Degree, License to practice medicine in New York State
- Active DEA certification in New York State
- Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry (or Board Eligible & within 5 years of completing residency training)
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency training program
- Demonstrate interest and clinical experience in Psychiatric and Substance Use Disorder diagnoses/treatment and specifically experience in integrated behavioral health and/or consult-liaison psychiatry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team setting and communicate to various stakeholders across the healthcare System.
- Familiarity with high-risk patients and cultural sensitivity in community settings.
- Experience conducting evidence-based treatments in group and individual modalities, familiarity with high-risk populations and community settings, experience in care of medical patients.
- Understanding of and experience in implementation of population and public health principles.
- Experience working with metrics, indicators and outcomes from a QI and program monitoring perspective
- Administrative and research experience a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred. Other languages a plus.
Apply on company website