NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings Countyoperates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which serves 2.6 million residents of Brooklyn and Staten Island. NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County maintains close relationships with NYC Health + Hospitals diagnostic, post-acute, and long-term care centers. The hospital is academically affiliated withSUNY Downstate Medical Center.Responsibilities:
Under the general supervision of an appropriately licensed and Board-Certified/Board Eligible Psychiatrist:
- Performs complete patient psychiatric examinations; orders laboratory tests and x-rays; performs and/or interprets laboratory and test results; and initiates treatment. Writes appropriately authorized prescriptions including controlled substances. May respond to initial requests for service-specific consultation as per the department scope of practice.
- May initiate or participate in initial management and stabilization of patients including psychiatric emergencies- Code orange/Code White.
- Use de-escalation techniques to reduce restrictive interventions.
- Confers with attending physicians, residents, nursing staff, etc., to ensure delivery of optimum quality of patient care. Confers regularly with Supervising Physician and/or Physician Assistant and co-workers to keep them appraised of clinical developments, patient concerns, etc. May participate in special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties pursuant to clinical responsibility, such as arranging follow-up for patients, obtaining informed consent from patient for procedures they are credentialed to perform, recalling patients for further evaluation and treatment. Informs patients of necessary post-discharge instructions as required. Makes appropriate entries in patients charts.
- Completes and documents participation in continuing medical education required of Physician Assistants in order to meet requirements for certification, including assigned lectures and conferences.
- Performs related duties as required professionally or at the request of the Supervising Physician, Director of Service.
- New York State Physician Assistant License
- NCCPA board certification or eligibility
- DEA prescribing license
- ACLS life support certification or eligible to obtain
- Post-graduate (Masters degree) preferred
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County operates a world-renowned Level 1 Trauma Center, one of only three in the borough, which se...
Apply on company website