In partnership withNYC Health + Hospitals/North Central bronxour teams accommodate more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more than 100,000 emergency room visits and more than 20,000 inpatient admissions annually.NYC Health + Hospitals North Central Bronxis renowned for TheTraumaCenter, staffed to treat any traumatic injury or illness, the fully accredited Breast Health Center, and The Burn Center, with more than 40 years of work in burn care. The hospital also serves patients of many other needs.The hospital maintains an academic affiliation withAlbert Einstein Medical College of Yeshiva University.Responsibilities:
The department of surgery at North Central Bronx Hospital is looking for full time PA positions for night coverage. The night PA will be the only in-house surgical provider for the hospital. The PA will be supervised by the on-call Attending Surgeon. Some experience in general surgery is therefore a requirement. The PA will take care of inpatients admitted to the surgical service whether in the ICU, step down unit and on the floors as well as provide surgical consultation in the ED and on inpatients.
NCBH is a community hospital located in the north Bronx. Surgical residents from Montefiore Medical Center rotate here as well as PA students from Pace University.
The role of the night PA is to take care of surgical inpatients, evaluate consults in the ED and inpatient setting and to present and discuss the management with the attending on call. These tasks can be further broken down under:
- Assist with post-operative management
- Make rounds with the attending surgeon and resident staff if needed.
- Field patient calls and general follow up questions after hospital discharge.
- Manage patients undergoing a broad range of procedures, including General Surgery, Urology and Vascular surgery
- Carry out acute care surgery, vascular and urology consultations in the ED
- Determine when appropriate consultation is needed and speak with that service
- Opportunities for OR assistance when resident staff not available
- Order and interpret appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies and collate data
- Request and follow up on recommendations of consultants (usually after discussion with the surgeon)
- Assess fluid and electrolyte balance
- Manage and remove tubes and drains
- Formulate a differential diagnosis and confirm or refute the options according to the physical exam and data obtained
- Identify and prioritize surgical, medical and psychosocial problems
- Order and renew appropriate medications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant by the State of New York Department of Education
- Board Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA)
- We offer a competitive salary and benefit package that includes excellent health and dental benefits as well as excellent retirement employer contributions.
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central bronx our teams accommodate more than 325,000 outpatient visits, more ...
Apply on company website