We're a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The primary responsibility of this position is to facilitate the treatment authorization process for managed care patients (Medicare, HMO and PPO). In addition, this team member provides support to the front desk registration clerk personnel. Performs clerical duties as required by PIH Health Breast Center Whittier to meet the needs of the patient and facilitating the delivery of care.
- Prior experience working in a breast imaging facility
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Medical insurance knowledge
- Bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communications and strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively with staff, patients, guarantors, insurance companies, and physicians.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Good English speaking, spelling, reading and mathematical skills required
- Must possess excellent telephone etiquette, and customer service skills.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge in Word, Excel, Outlook and ability to maneuver through multiple screens in a timely manner
- Ability to sort & file material correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems; computer data entry skills; ability to work effectively in fast-paced situations & tight deadlines
- Ability to stay on task in a fast and high pressured environment
- Strict adherence to all HIPAA laws
- Strong commitment to customer service with demonstrated ability to create a positive patient experience
- Demonstrates the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Understanding of guidelines for commercial, senior, and Medi-Cal requirements to expedite the treatment authorization process
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of the organization, physician offices and health plans
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One-year experience performing hospital or medical group related insurance verification or receptionist experience in a hospital/medical office outpatient setting.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website