We're a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Emergency Financial Representative is responsible for ensuring reimbursement to PIH Health from patients or other responsible parties along with assisting patients in understanding their health care insurance coverage by determining eligibility, benefits and utilization requirements; is responsible for up-front POS collections, along with financially securing patients accounts by setting up appropriate financial arrangements with patients to avoid bad debt. The Emergency Financial Representative when appropriate assists patients in accessing programs such as Medi-Cal, VVC, Uncompensated Care, Cobra coverage, Covered California and Hospital Presumptive Eligibility. Will focus on individual performance in registration and financial counseling, Key Performance Indicators and expediting approvals by gathering and completing forms before the patient is discharged from the Emergency department.
- Ability to work directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider, and patients
- Ability to generate revenue with POS collections, establishing payment arrangements, along with collecting on all Self-Pay and/or high liability accounts at the point of registration.
- Legal Compliance knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow up process
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with patients, healthcare providers and insurance company
- Excellent English reading, comprehension and written skills to include spelling skills and penmanship
- Excellent Mathematical skills; ability to calculate copay or percentage of financial estimate amount due and/or establish payment arrangements accurately.
- Strong computer skills to include typing 45+ wpm minimum and in MS office programs
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment at times of need and emergency situations
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to multi-task in a fast and high pressure environment
- Stringent adherence to all privacy policies and procedures and as required by state and federal law including and not limited to the HIPPA Security and Privacy Rules
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of experience in medical billing and/or current hospital registration/admitting
- Must have a minimum two (2) years of experience in insurance verification and/or medical/hospital billing.
- High school graduate or G.E.D. is required, prefer evidence of continuing education in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Knowledge of eligibility requirements for Medi-Cal, Hospital Presumptive Eligibility Program, Medicare, Covered California, Cobra, limited benefit plans, VVC and Uncompensated Care Programs. IPA knowledge
- Medical terminology required
- HPE comprehensive training program and certification required
- Completions of the Hospital Presumptive Eligibility comprehensive training program and certification within 3 months of hire date and maintained annually.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention (NCI) Certification within 3 months of hire date and maintained.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website