We're a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multi-specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer and emergency services. Our leadership is dedicated to putting patients first—a cornerstone of our mission, vision and values—as we deliver top-quality healthcare.
From our extensive facilities in Whittier, California and Downey, California, PIH Health serves more than two million residents in Los Angeles and Orange Counties and throughout the San Gabriel Valley.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse is responsible for providing direct or indirect nursing care to patients who present with urgent, emergent, or potential health problems; utilizes knowledge of basic nursing principles, practices and ethics, and concepts under the direction of a practitioner to meet patient needs in the medical office setting.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control and safety.
- Current CPR certification.
- Good understanding of nursing principles.
- Good understanding of patient/family teaching principles.
- Knowledge of computer practice management systems and other computerized systems (Microsoft Office programs, electronic health record systems).
- Good communication skills, bilingual in Spanish helpful.
- Current California LVN license
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Card.
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website