This position will work under the supervision of Chief Medical Physicist in the radiation oncology physics program which includes technical direction of dosimetrists, radiation therapists, therapy equipment service engineers, and miscellaneous support staff. Assure the accurate and safe use of radiation generated by machines and radioactive materials in cancer treatments.
- The qualified medical physicist is (QMP) competent to practice independently in therapeutic radiologic physics as recognized by the American Board of radiology (ABR) or by the American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP).
- Qualified to provide the design, optimization, technical evaluation, precise and accurate delivery of radiation treatment plans.
- Qualified to perform equipment calibration and quality measures of all radiation treatment equipment, treatment planning systems, patient monitoring systems, and physics quality assurance devices.
- Proficient technical skill in the operation of radiation oncology equipment and computer network configuration.
- Master degree in therapeutic radiologic physics from Commission on Accreditation of Medical Physics Education Programs (CAMPEP) accredited medical physics programs.
- Certification by the American Board of Radiology or by the American Board of Medical Physics in Therapeutic Radiologic Physics. Applicants, finished CAMPEP residency program and committed to board certification within two years of employment, may be considered.
- Qualifications imposed by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) and California Department of Public Health (CDPH) radiation control agencies to practice radiation oncology physics and to provide oversight of the establishment and conduct of the radiation physics quality assurance program.
- Maintenance of continuing education credits (MPCEC) in accordance with CAMPEP and those required by continuous board certification.
- Experience in the calibration and commission of radiotherapy equipment, treatment planning systems and diagnostic imaging equipment.
- Treatment planning and patient treatment quality assurance experience on intensity modulated radiotherapy/imaged guided radiotherapy/stereotactic radiosurgery/stereotactic body radiotherapy/volumetric modulated radiotherapy and high dose rate (HDR) brachytherapy.
- Participation in American College of Radiology Radiation Oncology Practice Accreditation (ACR ROPA) program and/or American Society of Radiation Oncology Accreditation Program for Excellence (ASTRO APEX) program.
- Doctor degree in therapeutic radiologic physics from CAMPEP accredited medical physics programs.
Apply on company website