PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County, and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services, and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services. The organization is recognized by Watson Health as one of the nation's Top Hospitals, and College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) as one of the nation's top hospital systems for best practices, cutting-edge advancements, quality of care, and healthcare technology. PIH Health is certified as a Great Place to Work TM.
Provides the coordination of BHC services to address the physical, spiritual, and psycho-social needs of the patient as indicated. Provides patient education, follow-up, and referral to appropriate resources. Acts as a patient advocate and liaison in the coordination of timely diagnostic recall and/or follow-up services. Serves as a resource to patients, their families, and staff regarding breast disease-related issues. Collaborates with other members of the BHC team to present pre-treatment and other educational conferences. Assists with biopsy procedures, data collection, tracking, and reporting of clinical outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities focusing on self-direction/empowerment.
- Knowledge of adult education principles.
- Strong clinical assessment skills.
- Strong clinical knowledge of cancer disease management & treatment modalities.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to promote team-building among an interdisciplinary team.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Current California RN license
- 2 years medical/surgical experience
- Experience working with oncology patients
- Current BCLS certification
- Experience in breast cancer/women's health
- Experience with the diagnostic work-up, treatment, and follow-up management of breast disease
- Navigator certification through NCBC
For more information, visit PIHHealth.org or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Apply on company website