PIH Health is a nonprofit, regional healthcare network that serves approximately 3 million residents in the Los Angeles County, Orange County and San Gabriel Valley region. The fully integrated network is comprised of PIH Health Hospital - Whittier, PIH Health Hospital - Downey and PIH Health Good Samaritan Hospital, 27 outpatient medical locations, a multi specialty medical (physician) group, home healthcare services and hospice care, as well as heart, cancer, women's health, urgent care and emergency services.
The Senior Health Informatics Analyst will create and develop essential department reports and deliverers to ensure timely dissemination of accurate information to organizational decision-makers; provide data analysis, interpretation, and consultation to maximize the use of organizational data (claims, authorizations, capitation, enrollment, pharmacy, financial, EMR, clarity, program engagement, abstraction data) in order to support needs of senior management, operational management, finance lead and healthcare leadership.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguards and preserves the confidentiality of patient's protected health information in accordance with State and Federal (HIPAA) regulatory requirements, hospital and departmental policies.
- Ensures a safe patient environment and adherence to safety practices per policy.
- With consideration to age, employee utilizes the approved process to resolve biophysical, psychological, educational and environmental needs of patient/significant other when administering care
- Essential to the provision of community benefits as an expression of our charitable healthcare mission and purpose, each manager/supervisor is committed to the delivery of high quality, compassionate healthcare and is further committed to supporting the strategic direction of community benefits within PIH Health and its affiliates. (Applies to management positions.)
- Independently creates SQL queries and data converting to develop core department deliverables and ad-hoc analysis.
- Builds SSRS reports.
- Reconciles data; supports contracting renewal process, audits process, and submission.
- Manages and develops monthly reporting process such as capitation, enrollment, utilization, finance and claims.
- Leverages analytical and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, to improve efficiency and facilitate decision making.
- Applies mathematical principles to analysis.
- Leverages internal and external sources to validate data accuracy and benchmark department reports.
- Serves as a project lead on small to midsize department projects, including taking ownership of meeting project objectives.
- Consults with users to understand objectives, decision-making processes and need for analysis/interpretation of information to ensure information provided is aligned with needs.
- Provides appropriate written and verbal communication as project lead to team members, manager and customers regarding project status, issues identification and resolution, and analytical results.
- Maintains a working knowledge of administrative and other essential databases, including key definitions, element names, relational structure, as well as significant caveats and coding systems.
- Volunteers, takes initiative, and displays organizational values of excellence, partnership, integrity and compassion.
- Performs other responsibilities as assigned.
- Programming skills using SQL.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, MSSQL script and database structures
- Experience with SSRS report builder
- Experience with financial and data modeling to support organizational decision making
- Ability to solve complex problems with data
- Detail oriented and applies validation principles for data accuracy
- Consulting skills with the ability to translate customer needs into meaningful reports and analysis
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple complex projects.
- Ability to independently coordinate projects from the concept stage to completion
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Health Informatics, or related field.
- Two (2) years minimum of SQL script writing and data analytics
- Four (4) years of direct experience using technical and analytical skills on the extraction, integration, layout and interpretation of complex relational and disparate data sources.
- Two (2) years' experience in Healthcare data-driven role
- Four years of experience working with health care claims or capitation data.
- Six (6) years' experience in working with medical terminology, medical coding systems; ICD-10, CPT4, DRG, KPI.
- Two (2) years of experience working with Tableau and data visualization tools.
- Two (2) years of experience working with Data Warehouse
Beyond the benefits that come with working for the area's leading community healthcare provider – one that also recognizes the need to ensure patient safety and comfort – you'll enjoy an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
Apply on company website