Coordinate the campus financial aid program for students in accordance with federal guidelines. This position works under the direction/supervision of the Director of Financial Services.
- Assist and coordinate the activities of the Student Finance Officers under the direction/supervision of the Director of Financial Service.
- Interview prospective students to determine needs assessment and financial aid eligibility. Determine financial aid eligibility for second and third year students. Assist students with financial aid questions.
- Counsel veteran students and ensure compliance with the Department of Veterans Affairs and State Approving Agency guidelines.
- Review cash flow reports to ensure appropriate posting of federal and private monies.
- Coordinate with the Admissions staff regarding the status of financial aid for students.
- Contact former students who have an outstanding balance in an effort to establish a private pay repayment plan.
- Coordinate visits with auditors to review financial aid files.
- Interpret federal updates and regulations to ensure proper disbursement of student financial aid. Maintain contact and collaborate with the corporate financial aid department to exchange pertinent data.
- Maintain student files to ensure proper financial aid documentation.
- Establish payment plans for private paying students. Establish charges for re enrolling students and assist in establishing weeks and credit hours for re enrolling students.
- Coordinate and arrange for proof of eligible non-citizenship status, paid in full default and Pell overpayment documentation.
- Assist students in completing financial aid forms and DES forms as required.
- Calculate and determine student financial obligation to Pima and refunds due when student discontinues training prior to completion of program.
- Record student enrollments on tracking kit to include all starts, drops and graduates.
- Assist campus director with financial reports for state and local agencies.
The list of essential functions is not exhaustive and may be supplemented.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Four (4) years of financial aid experience to include knowledge of Title IV funding.
- Ten-key calculator skills.
- Computer skills.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education or experience that meets the minimum qualifications.
Apply on company website