DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Pinewood Springs-Columbia, TN
Behavioral Health Case ManagerFull-time
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth, and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine. Are you looking for an employer with many different career options and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy- Emerging Leaders
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
- 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this opportunity:
This role specifically supports inpatient psychiatric patients for Pinewood Springs Behavioral Health
Pinewood Springs Behavioral Health is a new 60-bed, 49,900 sq. ft. facility that will be located at 1001 North James Campbell Boulevard in Columbia, Tennessee. The facility will serve both adult and adolescent patients.
We are seeking Full Time Case Managers for our Behavioral Health hospital to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Pinewood Springs is currently looking for a Behavioral Health Case Manager
- Completes high quality work in accordance with outlined standards and procedures within defined time frames.
- Sets priorities and demonstrates effective organizational skills by optimizing use of time, meeting deadlines and completing assigned tasks in a cost effective manner.
- Functions as a liaison with Psychiatrists, Nursing Staff, Unit Therapists, and Managed Care Organizations.
- Maintains appropriate clinical reports with multidisciplinary team members, as well as PAS.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competence with the electronic medical record.
- Participates in treatment teams with Medical Directors, staff psychiatrists, and other clinicians as appropriate.
- Provides back up to other team members as appropriate and/or assigned.
- Discusses issues related to staff, group, clients, and other customers with the Clinical Services Manager or department Director, as appropriate.
- Reviews concurrently all payer type inpatient medical records against various medical necessity criteria.
- Assures that documentation, certifications, and demographic data for all assigned cases are accurate.
- Performs reviews according to time frames indicated by the Managed Care Organization.
- Alerts Director and/or Clinical Services Manager and appropriate clinical staff of potential problems affecting insurance reimbursement.
- Assures appropriate level of care and length of treatment for all assigned cases.
- Demonstrates ability to make appropriate referrals to next level of care providers with the clear understanding that continuing care planning begins at the time of admission.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of area referral resources
- Demonstrates the ability to complete all post discharge follow-up as outlined by the Managed Care Organization.
- Manages cases through to resolution.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete retroactive appeals to include writing effect appeal letters
- Demonstrates ability to integrate age specific factors into the plan of care and involves the patient and family in the care plan process as appropriate to age. (Serve Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric populations.)
- Consistently protects patient confidentiality as outlined in state and federal statutes.
- Willingly performs other related duties as assigned or requested in a flexible and positive manner.
You are encouraged to apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Familiarity with required DSM -5 diagnoses, inpatient psychiatric treatment protocols, brief therapy, and chemical dependency intervention knowledge and skills.
- Experience in UR/UM preferred but not required
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or related mental health field required.
- Requires two to five years' experience working in a behavioral health setting, preferably psychiatric inpatient experience; or five years post graduate supervised broad clinical experience
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website