Reports To K-12 Executive Director and Library Services Salary Support Administrator Salary Schedule, Level 3 (starting at $95, 042)
FLSA Status: Exempt
12 Month Work Schedule Qualifications - 5 years teaching experience or experience in education required.
- Candidate must be committed to continuous improvement with the fundamental goal of advancing student achievement in an urban public school district.
In addition, we are seeking candidates with the following educational and experiential requirements and knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Valid PA teaching certification required
- Valid PA Supervisor or Principal certification preferred
- Experience as a literacy coach
- Reading Specialist certification preferred
- Prolific knowledge of coaching best practices
- Strong content knowledge in text-based reading instruction
- Prolific knowledge of the PA Core Standards
- Prolific knowledge of adult learners
- Skilled in the design and delivery of professional development
- Experience with curriculum writing
- Data analysis skills
-Extensive knowledge of content-based pedagogy, assessment and technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of Response to Intervention and Instruction (RtII)/Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS)
- Ability to work cross-functionally across a number of groups and engage multiple stakeholders in working toward a common goal
- Knowledgeable about change management and quickly able to establish credibility among team members including partners, peers, and leadership
- Effective communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Successful track record of completing projects and task
-Excellent presentation and writing skills
-Familiar with RISE and have been trained in conducting teacher observations to support teacher growth.
-Experience with providing teachers with constructive feedback to positively impact student achievement. Residency Requirements No Residency Requirement Essential Job Functions The 9-12 Literacy Coordinator's core job responsibilities include, but are not limited, to the following essential job functions:
1. Lead and provide support to all teachers to assist with the implementation of the district's curriculum, assessments, programs and interventions.
2. Work closely with the K-5 and 6-8 Literacy Coordinators to modify and design core curriculum and assessments to align to the PA and Common Core State Standards and to the District's quality curriculum standards.
3. Lead and plan professional development at the school and district level to develop teacher practice and knowledge of academic standards, core curriculum, instruction, assessment, and intervention programs, including but not limited to facilitating collaborative study groups and Learning Walks.
4. Work closely with the Professional Development department to implement an effective professional development system, with a focus on new teachers.
5. Collaborate with other content directors and supervisors to support literacy across all content areas, including PreK, Special Education, English as a Second Language and Career and Technical Education, and the Equity department.
6. Serve as a resource for identification and support of instructional strategies, materials, and interventions to address diverse learning needs.
7. Model effective classroom teaching practices and debriefing observations of practice with teachers.
8. Provide supportive and constructive feedback with non-evaluative observation protocols to promote effective instructional practices and implementation of district-approved strategies.
9. Participate as a team member of a school Network and work closely with Network Assistant Superintendents.
10. Work closely with the Principals to meet the support needs of teachers and departments in each school. Support may include:
- Co-planning and Co-teaching with teachers
- Lesson Planning
- Studying student work for evidence of learning in support of raising achievement
- Appropriately utilize and train teachers to use Literacy assessments, both formative and summative, to inform instruction.
11. Support and work closely with ITLs and LACs
12. Provide targeted and differentiated support for teachers based on need.
13. Participate in regular Curriculum department meetings.
14. Work with the K-12 Director and other literacy staff to develop and implement both short and long-range plans.
15. Stay abreast of current research-based instructional theory and practices in the areas of content, curriculum design and research-based instructional theory and practices.
16. Work collaboratively with principals and members of Performance Management to ensure adherence and support of the district's teacher evaluation system.
17. Actively participate in and monitor the process of developing and administering Curriculum-Based Assessments for and to schools.
18. Participate in professional networks and associations; develop and sustain outsider partnerships.
Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor. Additional Job Information Physical Demands: This position is primarily sedentary in nature. Employee will be required to operate computer system for data entry, and have the ability to complete necessary paperwork. This position requires minimum physical effort and not subjected to Occupational Health and Safety risks.
1. Indoors in busy office, working in close proximity to co-worker
2. Frequently required to work at fast pace
3. Requires considerable concentration and creativity.
4. Subject to stress caused by a changing environment, diversity in the organization, tight deadlines and work load.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodation in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Apply on company website