SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Certified Operating Room (OR) Scrub Technician
Nursing Operating RoomPRN FTE 0.001 Plantation General Hospital
Plantation, FLFacility Description:
Plantation General Hospital, a 264-bed acute care hospital, has served Plantation and Central Broward County since 1966. Conveniently are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, between I-595 and I-95, we are known for our family friendly atmosphere and for delivering the very best care to our patients and the communities we serve. Plantation General is a Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and an American College of Surgeons COC Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. With an intense focus in Women and Children's Services, we have received Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, and offer private postpartum, quality high risk OB care and a Level III NICU. Our other specialties include bariatric, behavioral healthcare, Intensive Outpatient Program, Adult and Pediatric ER, and minimally invasive robotic assisted surgery.
We invite you to learn more about our career opportunities and how you can join our dedicated family of healthcare professionals.
We are looking for a dedicated passionate Operating Room Scrub Technician to join our team. The Scrub Technician is responsible for the direct and indirect nursing care of patients as determined by the registered nurse. The position requires thorough knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of nursing care.The ability to scrub for all specialties will be required. As an Operating Room Scrub Technician, some of your task and responsibilities will be to:
- Assist in the nursing care and preparation of all types of surgical patients
- Assist in preparing the operating room, equipment and surgical supplies for all types of surgical procedures
- Prepare and maintain a sterile field; maintains correct counts throughout procedure and assists in the care of specimens
- Have knowledge of and implement decontamination of equipment, instruments and supplies
- Function as a member of the sterile team by preparing and passing instruments, sutures, sponges and supplies to the surgeon
- Assist in providing safe and effective nursing care as the O.R. Technician during surgical and other invasive procedures through the performance of specific duties under the direction of a Registered Nurse
- Perform routine scrub as well as specifically–delegated duties according to AORN standards, regulatory standards relating to the Association of Surgical Technologists and established policies & procedures of the Department of Surgery
- Assist in the maintenance of a safe environment for all
- Keep current in operating techniques, procedures, instruments, supplies and equipment: assists with Continuing Quality Improvement.
- Demonstrate ability to assemble appropriate supplies/equipment for assigned cases in a timely manner, performs as scrub tech while demonstrating ability to anticipate case progression and reacting appropriately to unplanned events.
- Demonstrate implementation & maintenance of aseptic techniques and principles including “sterile consciousness” and all safety factors (ie: patient identification, time-outs, correct counts, sharps handling, specimen identification, medication labeling, ESU/fire/laser safety and all infection control guidelines
- Take collaborative approach in expediting department duties such as room cleaning and turnover, proper decontamination of equipment, putting supplies away, general upkeep of department and care of equipment and instruments and assisting with other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Graduate of an approved operating room technical program required.
- One or more years experience as an O.R. Technician required
- Experience in an acute care hospital setting required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Certified Surgical Technician (CST) Certification required
- Scrub experience required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website