Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking Part Time Downstream Technicians for our manufacturing site in Havre de Grace, MD. Day and night shift positions are available. You would be responsible for the hands-on operation of all downstream equipment including trimmers, transition applicators, stretch wrappers, case packers, case erectors and palletizers.
- Operation of downstream equipment to achieve optimal results.
- Inspects all plastic containers for visual defects before packing.
- Brings quality issues to the attention of the Production Technician and/or Quality Technician.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of downstream equipment.
- Sends defective bottles to grinding areas.
- Performs work in a safe manner, and is responsible for following all safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for product quality, as outlined in the plant Quality Operational Procedures and related instruction manuals and materials.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards relating to area housekeeping.
- Assists production technician in documentation of all production losses.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Responsible for adhering to all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) rules.
- Knowledge of specific area's reliability, quality, scrap and safety goals.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Ability to perform manual packing and material moving duties.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Ability to read and understand product specification information.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Apply on company website