Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking Part Time Material Handlers for our manufacturing site in Havre de Grace, MD. Day and night shift positions are available. You would be responsible for distributing materials throughout the warehouse and to production lines using a forklift.
- Safe operation of a lift truck in both warehouse and production areas
- Loading, unloading, storage and movement of materials through warehouse and/or production areas
- Performs all required scanning functions required for the movement of raw materials and finished goods using RF Scanning device
- Responsible for the accuracy of all transactions and material scanning
- Verify the quality of the material sent outbound meets customer expectations
- Maintain clean and orderly warehouse
- Adheres to all instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping procedures
- Attends all required training sessions and team meetings
- Responsible for maintaining ISO Standards
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- All other duties as assigned
- Forklift Experience
- Team oriented
- Self motivated
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have flexibility of job assignments
- Ability to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Previous forklift experience and proof of previous certification a plus
- Previous RF/scanning/bar-coding experience preferred
- Must be able to read shipping and receiving documents
- Basic computer skills
- Work overtime as necessary, based on production needs/demands
Apply on company website