Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design, manufacturing, and recycling of plastic rigid containers. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship.
Plastipak follows industry leading protocols to address COVID-19, including regular disinfection, electrostatic cleaning and temperature sensing kiosks at most locations. We strictly adhere to all CDC guidelines to provide a safe working environment for our associates and visitors; including face coverings, social distancing, and hand sanitizer stations.
Named one of America's Best Employers in Michigan by Forbes in 2020, Plastipak offers many great benefits, including:
- MEDICAL, DENTAL AND VISION INSURANCE
- PAID TIME OFF (PTO) AND COMPANY HOLIDAYS
- PART TIME AND FULL TIME OPPORTUNITIES
- 401(K) AND PROFIT SHARING PLAN WITH COMPANY MATCH
- TUITION ASSISTANCE
- COMPANY PAID LIFE INSURANCE AND DISABILITY
- DEPENDENT CARE FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- PET INSURANCE
- TECHNICAL SKILLS TRAINING
- LEADERSHIP TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
- REFERRAL BONUS PROGRAM
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
Part-Time Production Tech Associates will be responsible for assisting in the operation and maintenance of production equipment. They will assist the operator in performing and documenting required quality checks and visual inspections as trained in area.
- Operates production equipment to achieve optimal results.
- Performs mechanical troubleshooting.
- Makes adjustments and repairs on machinery in the assigned designated work area as authorized by cell leader under site guidelines of centerlining.
- Monitors and performs necessary setting adjustments as authorized by cell leader under site guidelines for centerlining.
- Completes preventative maintenance requirements.
- Has working knowledge of various product orders by following all material requirements and customer specifications.
- Performs quality assurance checks in accordance with customer specifications for bottle weights and various dimensions.
- Documents all production and production losses.
- Completes all mandatory reports.
- Knowledge of specific area's reliability, quality, scrap and safety goals.
- Follows all company and local work rules, safety rules and policies, BOS work instructions and SAP standards and activities.
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Attends all required training sessions and weekly team meetings.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Previous mechanical experience/mechanically inclined
- Ability to perform basic maintenance and repairs on equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Use basic hand tools
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and to stand throughout entire shift
- Ability to work in fast paced environment
- Manual dexterity
- Good eye and hand coordination
- Effective communication skills
Apply on company website