Plastipak Packaging is a critical infrastructure company and global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development, and an operational culture of caring for others . Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.Position Description:
The Electrical Technician repairs and maintains production machinery, facility maintenance and mechanical equipment such as blow molding equipment, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, leak detectors, grinders extruders, case packers and ink jet printers.
- Investigates, troubleshoots, and reviews machinery and equipment problems with team members and determines the root causes of trouble.
- Create/close out work orders in PIC's and completes the repair.
- PLC's – troubleshoot/maintain.
- Ability to program PLC's (preferred)
- Electrical and automation troubleshooting and repair: diagnosing problems by applying various troubleshooting techniques with use of computers, PLC's, voltage meters, current meters, oscilloscopes, and electrical formulas.
- Complete PM's according to PM schedules.
- Daily email – end of shift reports.
- Complies with all lockout/tag out requirements to examine and repair all machines.
- Functions within an ISO/Team environment effectively.
- Ability to work overtime as required, including on-call schedule.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and pre-shift meetings.
- All duties assigned.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 3-5 years electrical/electronics experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals/instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and schematics.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to be detail oriented.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Strong decision making skills.
- The employee must own and supply his/her own tools and be familiar with their functions and proper usage. Tools are appropriate for the position to complete assigned tasks.
Why should you apply?
You may be eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and profit sharing plan with company match
- Tuition Assistance
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
- Pet Insurance
- Referral bonus program
Apply on company website